Chapter 1

Teal's POV
As I pad down the hallway in my fuzzy blue socks, on my way to my dressing room, I notice my throat beginning to ache. Oh no. Why today, of all the 365 days in the calendar year? Why today, the day of Finding Neverland's second preview performance on Broadway? The show went so well last night that I would honestly rather eat all of my costumes than miss today's show. As I gently massage my throat, an idea formulates in my head.
Matthew has a huge stash of Throat Coat in his dressing room, I think. I could steal some...!! But he's insanely protective over it... and he doesn't let anyone have any... not even Laura... so should I risk it? And possibly rob my costar? That would be wrong... oh screw it, I need to stop acting like I have a moral compass. Let's go steal some Throat Coat.
So I pivot myself around and walk in the other direction to Matthew Morrison's dressing room. I start to tiptoe, because who knows? Maybe today, he's here before me. I highly doubt it, though. I'm always the first one at the theatre every day. Even on the first day of table reads, I got there with an hour and twenty-seven minutes to spare. I then went out to Panera. When I came back, I was still early. So I had time to eat my salad. That was a pretty damn good salad... so much chicken... and the dressing tasted like....
I shake my head to clear these random thoughts from my mind. I need to focus on the task at hand. I approach Matthew's dressing room door, and press my ear against the doorframe. Silence. He's not there. I turn the doorknob, and push open the door a crack. Then, I walk into Matt's dressing room, and as I approach his giant pyramid of Throat Coat boxes, I see something rather unexpected laying on the pull-out couch in the corner of his dressing room. Or should I say someone rather unexpected.
Laura Michelle Kelly, sprawled upon one side of this pull-out couch, is wearing a white ribbed tank top, and cotton shorts. Matthew Morrison is not wearing a shirt, but he is wearing dark grey sweatpants, a nice contrast against his tan skin. That's just the first thing I notice about the two : their apparel. The second thing I notice is that they're facing each other, pushed very close together. Laura's nose, tilted upwards, is almost touching Matthew's jawline. Her chin is buried in his neck, and his is resting upon the top of Laura's head. His arms are wrapped around her waist, and hers are wrapped around his neck. The third thing I notice... well, it's only there to be noticed about one person. Laura has three little red marks on her neck trailing to her collarbone, sure signs of Matt's kisses. Not taking my eyes off of my costars, I grab some Throat Coat from the back of his pyramid, and shove it in the pocket of my sweatpants. I then clear my throat. Loudly. Laura stirs. Her eyes flutter open, and look from Matt to me. They widen when they get to me.
"Oh... oh no..." she sputters.
This causes Matt to wake. He, opening his eyes, looks at Laura with a confused, tired expression, and then glances over to where she's looking : at me. His eyes also widen. They're bigger than hers.
"Please don't... oh no... Laura... I... Teal, please don't say... anything..." he gets out, with much difficulty, between the morning grogginess and utter shock of the situation. I pause for a moment.
"I won't tell anyone IF, and only if, you two tell me exactly how you ended up in bed together," I say, putting my hands on my hips.
Laura and Matthew look at each other, and share an unsure glance. Matthew speaks.
"Okay... but it's kind of a long story...."