Prologue

~Hailee and Dustin~
"The world atmosphere has gone corrupt causing dramatic changes in the weather. Please take full precautions as lightning storms have been occuring randomly and tornadoes have been touching down around the globe-", Hailee clicks off the radio and turns to look out the window. She tugs on the sleeves of her sweatshirt and picks up her backpack off the chair, she looked over at Dustin who was waiting anxiously in the doorway. Today was the day they were going to leave home and head to the lab to start their training. 'What time were they coming again?', she heard him ask in her head, 'Soon', she took a deep breath and gazed out the window again.The black van pulled up in to the drive way and she watched as two men in black suits got out and walked up to the door. 'They're here', she said as they knocked on the door, Dustin got up and unlocked the door. "Are you two Dustin Carter and Hailee Anderson?", they nodded and the guy made a motion to follow, Dustin picked up his bag and took Hailee's hand. "Its gonna be okay", he kissed her forehead as they went off. They got in and drove off watching the last piece of their normal life fading away into the distance.

~Alice and Dylan~
"Whats gonna happen down at the lab?", Alice asked worriedly walking in with her bag, "I honestly don't know babe, but I promise we'll make it back together.", Dylan smiled pulling her close and kissing her hand. She smiled at him, then frowned again, "Why does it have to be us?", she looked down, "I mean I know why but theres gotta be others like us..", Dylan tilted her head up, "There is others but they needed certain people and I guess we were part of those. I guess were special", he smiled kissing her. There was a knock on the door, Alice grabbed ahold of Dylan's arm,"It's time", he sighed stroking her hair.

~Bri and Michael ~
The two were sitting on the couch Bri leaning on his shoulder, "Im scared, what if we don't make it back..", she frowned moving in closer. Michael wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead, "We will, we'll get through training complete the mission, save the world and still have time to spare.", he looked down at her and smiled, "Now come on stop worrying about it and think about other things." "Like what? The fact that we're responsible for everyone on earth? That we could die? That we don't even know what training is gonna be like?", she complained, "This is all I can think about and it's all I'll be able to think about until its over.", she covered her eyes with her hands. "Then you need to learn to focus on everything else, the color of the sky, the smell of your favorite perfumes, your amazing boyfriend, tickle fights.", he smiled pulling her in and tickling her. Bri started laughing uncontrollably trying to make him stop, when the knock came. They instantly stopped and Bri fixed her hair as Michael answered the door, "Michael Andrews?", said the man in a black suit. Michael nodded,"Yes sir, how may I help you", "Its time to leave, is Brianne Chase here as well? I was told she would be.", the man responded. "Yeah that's me", Bri said walking to the door with hers and Michaels bags, "Then its time to go to the lab.", the man stated before turning and heading back to the street where a black van was parked. "Everythings gonna be okay I promise, I'll keep you safe.", Michael smiled assuringly and leading Bri out to the van.