C2- You bleed just to know you're alive

A/N: For the record, I do not own Sea Patrol or any of its characters. I do own Melody, although she is based on Josh.

This chapter has some intimidating language and some violence. If you couldn’t handle the real episode The Hunted, then I wouldn’t recommend this chapter. Consider yourself warned ;)

Please review! Let me hear what you guys think about it, I'm very curious :)

“Quick, Melody, RO, go!” Dylan screams. “What about you?” I yell. “Try something else. I’ll hold on, Swain comes tomorrow. NOW GO!” RO comes to me. “Come Melody, hurry!” We run away, and quickly hide behind the bushes. We see the 2 guys coming. They have 2Dads. He looks so desperate. “Get down”, says guy#2. 2Dads sits down, against the tree. The guys tie him up as well. This is bad. I start looking for a wound, we heard a gunshot. Then I see it, in his right shoulder. There’s a lot of blood coming out. RO noticed as well. “There’s a lot of blood, Melody.” 

RO looks at me. “We’d better save camp somewhere. It’s getting quick dark in the jungle. Let’s use the original camp. We can restart the fire and eat the rabbit Dutchy was working on.” We stand up. RO knows the way, which surprises me.

We reach the camp. The fire is still on. “So”, says RO. “Did Dutchy said anything to you?” “No, but he recognized me. And he said something about Swain, that he would come tomorrow.” RO looks at me. “You know him for a very long time, do you?” “Yes, I do.” I smile. “So, how do you know each other?” “From school. We went together to high-school in Sydney, and later Navy school. We even served on the same boat some months.” RO nods. So, that’s cleared up. “Well, did Bird tell anything to you?” “Uhm yes, she did. She said that… the guys hunted after Dutchy.”

“Hunted? Really? Wow, that’s really sick.” RO agrees. “Yes. That’s when he got that arrow in his leg. Bird saw how they dragged him to their camp. The guys saw her, and then it was too late.”

“Wow, she must be really scared.” Bird is still so young, and she has to go through all of this… That’s very hard.

Suddenly an idea appears in my head. “Hey RO, what if they will hunt one of them again? I’m afraid that if we wait for Swain… That it might be too late.” “You’re saying that we need to come up with another plan.”

RO can read my mind. “Yes, indeed. So, let’s assume that 1 guy will chase them and that 1 guy will stay at the camp. Maybe a trap?” “Bird isn’t injured, right? Let’s say she will be chased. If I, or we, will go after them, we take something and knock the guy out. We take the keys to the handcuffs, we handcuff the guy and leave him. Then we distract the other guy, while in the meantime someone of us frees the others. Sounds good?”

RO seems surprised by my idea. “Yeah, sounds good. I’ll distract them. We take out the first guy together. All right?” “All right. Let’s do it.” Wow, we’re going to save them. If we get the chance. I really hope so. “Um, RO? Do you have a watch?” “Yes. It’s 16:00. By the way, can you cook?” 

“Better than you, I guess.”  “How do you know I can’t cook?” “Otherwise you wouldn’t ask me. I’ll make stew.” I smile.  “Thanks, I’ll search for some wood.” RO leaves, and I cut the rabbit. So unfear, RO and I can eat and Dutchy, 2Dads and Bird sit there all tied up. And we can’t do a thing.

XXXX-Sea Patrol-XXXXX

RO is already back for about 2 hours. RO can’t sit still. “Hey, I’ll check out how they’re doing. I can’t sit and wait here.” I nod. “I understand.”

“Melody! Melody come quick!” RO comes out of the bushes. I didn’t hear him coming. “What’s wrong? Why ..?”

I can’t even finish my sentence. He pulls me up. “Dutchy…” he says. “Come, follow me and be quiet.”