(Ayato x Reader) "Shut up."

Ayato paced back and forth, troubled that you were implanted in his mind. Wherever he went, he constantly grew anxious that you were hurt, and he hated himself for it. He kept denying it. He confessed his love to you a year ago, ever since he hasn't visited much.

You didn't mind.

You knew why.

He was a ghoul, a member of Aogiri Tree.

To put him out of this constant tunnel of anxiety, he decided to pay you a visit. He wanted to get rid of the deep pit in his insides.

As he approached your door, he grimaced, worried something bad had happened to you. Nothing occurred of course, but the feeling drove him insane. He hesitated, and then drove his fist onto the door. He knocked a few times, before hearing your voice echo sweetly through the hallway. You opened up the door, speechless, standing there like you had seen a ghost. Ayato didn't say anything, instead, he pulled you into a warm bear-hug. "Thank god.." He breathed, hanging on like a kitten. "Ayato, what's wrong?" Ayato gently let go of the warm embrace.

"I'm sorry I've been away for so long...It's just.." He looked down. "I've been really busy lately.." His warm expression slowly faded into his normal stoic face. "It's fine.." You indeed did miss him with every little crevice of your heart, but he was like this.

And you were used to it.

You had to be.

You shivered. "Come on inside, we'll catch hypothermia out here." Ayato simply nodded and sat on the couch. "Want a coffee?" Your voice cooed from in the kitchen. "Yeah, sure." He half payed attention. He rested his hand under his chin, gazing around your cozy apartment. "Here you are." You smiled cutely, handing him the mug . "thanks.." He murmured, swirling the mug around in a continuous circle before drinking it. He sighed and placed his drink down.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"C'mon, I know something is wrong, what can I do to make it better?"

"Shut up." He murmured back, and you laughed. "I would, but you're just too much of a chatterbox," You said with a laugh at your own come-back.

Without any warning, he dragged you down to him, and pulled you into a welcoming embrace. "what's w-" He stopped you by squishing you in the hug quickly. "I want to cuddle." You started laughing loudly and a furrow of his eyebrows shot you back in return. "are you saying the 'oh so big and strong' Ayato wants a cuddle?"

"Yes." He laughed and pulled you closer laying down on the couch.

"Hey, Ayato?"

"Yeah?"

"You smell like a cat."

"Weirdo." He nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck, breathing a sigh of relief that he was with you, and you were unharmed.

"Says the one who smells like a cat."

"Shut up." He breathed with a chuckle.