What now, Johnny

“Johnny, I don’t know when I’m going to see you again?” Baby said quietly so only Johnny would hear.

“Baby, I got my job back, and I’m allowed to live here all year round as I’m homeless. Will you come and live with me here?” Johnny said, matching her volume. Baby was stunned, she obviously wanted to stay with Johnny but she didn’t know how her family would react.

“Daddy, I’m staying here.” Baby said when her father told her to get in their car. “I’m staying here with Johnny. He lives here now.”

“Frances. Baby. It’s up to you, but in 3 weeks, I’m not coming to get you.” Jake Houseman said to his Youngest daughter.

“I know.” Baby said. “But I won’t need picking up. I have Johnny. What more could I need?” She said this, put her arm around Johnny and walked towards the main Kellerman’s building. Johnny kissed her and whispered

“Thanks, Frances.”

“For what?” Baby questioned

“Staying with me. I need you, Baby. You’re the only person I have.” he replied.

“I love you, Johnny, I’d never leave you for the world.” before anyone could say anything else, Max Kellerman stopped them, and asked “What’s Frances still doing here? Her family have just left.”

“We know, Mr Kellerman.” Baby explained “I’m staying here with Johnny. He has no-one else.” they walked to Johnny’s cabin without saying another word. They sat on the bed and looked at each other. Baby’s belongings were sitting in the corner.

“Lets hope that your belongings are the only things that end up in the corner!” Johnny joked as he got up to put some record on. He and Baby started dancing.  Their song came on. They both started singing. they started to sway. Baby rested her head on Johnny’s chest.

“I Love you.” she said softly as the record ended.

“I love you too.” Johnny said as they started to jive. Let’s Twist again by Chubby Checker was

playing and Baby had been practicing her jive with Lisa. Johnny twirled Baby around so much that she fell over and onto the bed when they stopped. She looked at the clock standing up against the wall. 7pm.

“We should go and eat.” she said. She grabbed her cardigan from the chair that had been pushed to the corner of the room and took Johnny’s hand. They walked to the dining hall and sat down at a table. They chatted before walking down the other end of the room to the buffet for the staff members who never left. It was 3 weeks until Kellerman’s opened again. Baby and Johnny had the dance studio for 3 solid weeks. They finished eating and went back to their cabin. It was 2 weeks until Baby’s birthday, and a week and a half until Johnny’s. They laid on the bed, side by side and talked until they fell asleep.

They woke up the next morning and rolled out of bed. They got changed, as they were still wearing their clothes from the day before. They went to breakfast and then to the studio. They danced until lunch, and danced until dinner. They had dinner with Mr Kellerman and then walked around the park for a while, talking.

“What will I do when the park opens again?”

“You can help me. Changing records and keeping me amused when I’m not busy.” Johnny said. He really didn’t want the resort to open again. He wanted to spend the rest of his life in his cabin and the dance studio with Baby. They walked back to their cabin and carried on with their same conversation. Baby didn’t want the resort to open either. They were woken the next morning by someone banging on their door. Johnny got out of bed and opened the door a little way, not exposing Baby to the cold morning air. It was Lisa. Johnny let her in and she climbed into Bed on Baby’s side. She hugged her sister and they kept their arms around each other as they talked. Lisa had been kicked out, as she was moving out before marriage. Their parents were strict like that. The three of them stayed in the cabin all day, and they found Lisa an empty one nearby. That evening, Johnny and Baby were lying in bed with their arms around each other. They were talking about what was to become of their lives. They didn’t know whether to get married, or stay together and get married a few years later. They went for later. Baby fell asleep in Johnny’s arms and they stayed like that for the whole night. Johnny was woken by Baby gently pressing her lips to his.

“Morning.” She whispered

“Morning Beautiful.” He whispered. This romantic moment was abruptly interrupted by someone knocking on the door. They opened it, arm in arm, expecting it to be Lisa. It wasn’t. It was Marjorie, Baby’s mum.

“Sweetie. Your Father died last night” She said, trying to keep the tears in. They sat in the cabin, after they had got Lisa from hers. Baby was sobbing into Johnny’s shoulder. She had decided that Johnny could call her Frances. He had always prefered it, so why not let him.

“Shh. Fran. I’m So Sorry.”

“I love you Johnny. Thank You.”

“For what?”

“Being here for me. I’m sorry I’m crying into your clean shirt.”

“Don’t be sorry. This is heartbreaking for you, You cry all you want, you know I’m here for you.”

“Thanks”

“I love you Johnny”

“I love you too Frances.” Johnny kissed her forehead and laid her down on the bed. He laid one side with Lisa on the other. Baby had been incredibly close to her father, even when they were arguing. The trio woke up the next morning. Marjorie had been staying in one of the cottages, and Lisa had fallen asleep next to Baby. Johnny Woke up first. He got out of bed and grabbed Baby’s camera. He took a few photos of the sleeping sisters. He left the cabin after writing a note to them saying:

I’ve gone to get breakfast. I didn’t want to wake you.

I love you Frances

Johnny x

Lisa woke up and read the note. She woke Baby and showed her the note. They got changed, as they had fallen asleep in their clothes. Just as they were about to go and find him, He walked through the door with Marjorie, and a basket of food. They all sat around for the morning. After lunch, Baby and Johnny decided to go to the dance studio and dance the afternoon away. Marjorie and Lisa went to watch. They danced, and even managed to teach Lisa. Lisa had never been a good dancer, Baby hadn’t before she met Johnny. It started getting dark, so they went back to the cabin. Lisa went to hers, and Marjorie went to her cottage. Johnny and Baby had a romantic evening in.  Johnny kissed Baby and started the evening off.

A Few hours later

“That was Fantastic” Baby whispered, panting as Johnny rolled off of her. He kissed her again on the forehead. She kissed him passionately on the lips.

“You’re Amazing” he whispered. They were still panting when Lisa ran in, screaming. Johnny and Baby got dressed and went to get Max Kellerman. Someone had broken into the cabin next to Lisa’s and hacked through the wooden wall with an Axe. after the man was taken away, and Lisa was relocated in with her Mother, Johnny and Baby went to their cabin, locked the door and danced through the night. They giggled when Time of my life came on. They recreated their dance from the end of season show. when they finished, they collapsed on the bed laughing.

“I forgot how much I love you.” Johnny whispered. He kissed Baby with as much passion as he could muster. Baby kissed him back with just as much passion. They looked at the clock and realised that it was morning. They went to breakfast, but fell asleep at the table. They were woken by a very embarressed Lisa and Marjorie. They went back to their cabin and slept until mid afternoon, when they decided to go for a walk. They got in Johnny’s car and drove to the lake where they had practiced the mambo lifts. they sat at the edge of the lake as it got dark, and in the moonlight, swam to the middle of the lake. They stayed there for a while, getting mesmerised by their surroundings and each other.

“Johnny?”

“Yeah, Frances?”

“Do you love me?”

“Why would you ask that? you know that I love you.”

“I was just wondering, because we’ve only known each other about a month”

“True. But seriously, I’ve never felt like this before, and I never want to lose you, Fran.”

“Oh, it’s weird with you calling me Frances, why not Honey? or Baby? I don’t mind.”

“Honey. Everyone else calls you Baby.”

“Ok. No-one has ever called me Frances, I don’t like it.”

“I love you, Honey.”

“I love you too Johnny.”