Chapter One

"Watch where you're going, freak!"

"Sorry," Holly mumbled as she bent down to pick up her books that had been thrown to the ground. She saw a pair of sneakers in front of her and sighed.

"Why do you let people push you around like that, Holly?" 

Holly stood back up and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Because it's easier to be invisible than be seen, Amy," she told her friend.

Amy raised her eyebrows at her and rolled her eyes. "Man, if everyone was like you then the world would be boring!" she said.

"If everyone was like me, then I would fit in and be normal," Holly muttered.

Amy took her friend's arm and pulled her to start walking. "Normal is boring, Holly. Get that stuck in your intellectual mind."

Holly raised an eyebrow. "My intellectual mind?" she inquired.

"Holly, you need to take a chill pill, take of your glasses, and have some fun once in a while," Amy said.

Holly laughed lightly. "Amy, I don't wear glasses," she pointed out, "And I'm not taking drugs."

"Ugh, you know what I mean!" Amy scoffed.

"No," Holly joked, "I don't think that I do."

Amy rolled her eyes. "Seriously, Holly. You need to start sticking up for yourself."

Holly sighed and nodded. "I know," she said.

"Then why don't you?" Amy asked.

"Because it's easier to be invisible..."

"Than be seen," Amy finished. "You also need to change your life motto."

Holly raised her eyebrows. "That isn't my life motto," she said.

Amy stopped and looked at her. "Well what's your life motto then?" she asked.

Holly smirked and began walking again. "Stop acting like my mother!"

"Hey, don't walk away from me!" Amy called and stopped dead in her tracks. "Oh my God... You're right," she said.

Holly turned back to her with a triumphant grin. "See, my life quotes are true and actually based on my life. Not on the average person," she said.

"Man, you're negative!"

"How is that being negative, Amy? I'm simply telling the truth."

Amy rolled her eyes. "It's you, Holly. In some twisted way, it's negative."

"Whatever, are we gonna eat or stand here arguing about the problems in my life?" Holly asked.

Amy smirked and walked past Holly. "They'd better have chips today because I am not settling for mushy peas."

"There is nothing wrong with mushy peas!" Holly argued.

"Oh, Holly, there is everything wrong with mushy peas," Amy said.

Holly smirked and crossed her arms. "We're arguing again," she said.

"Yes we are," Amy agreed in an irritated tone. "Now, hurry up because I am famished!"

"Wow! You just used a big smart, intellectual Holly Carter mind word," Holly mocked.

Amy raised an eyebrow. "Shut up, Holly."

"Alright," Holly said as she followed her friend into the cafeteria. "I still won the argument," she muttered.