Chapter One - The Beginning

Deep in the countryside everything was quiet. Nothing but nature could be heard. The rustling of the trees in the wind. The birds singing in the distance. And the trickling stream of running water down the river. Suddenly, this peaceful scenery was disturbed with the sudden burst of a car, bustling through a trunk laying over a dirt track. The huge car, a black 'four by four' Range Rover, thumbled through the countryside. Inside the Range Rover, a young girl was sitting in the passenger seat. The young girl, Caucasian with dyed-red curly hair and braces, looked up to the person occupying the driver's seat.

"I'm so excited! I can't believe I'm finally going to meet him." She said excitedly.

The driver looked directly at the young girl, casually glancing on where they were going.

"Now Kacy, remember it's been thirteen years since-"

"Yeah, yeah. Thirteen years since he abandoned us. I know mum." Kacy said carelessly while checking her makeup in her phones' front camera. "I wonder how much he's changed."

"Don't be too disappointed when you see he's the same selfish, twisted little shit as before!" Kacy's mum retorted.

"Mum, that's not exactly fair! It's not like it was really his decision to-"

"Kacy, how can you know? You were three for God sake!"

"Alright then, LorrAIne"

"Kacy, I am your mum! You don't call me by my first name!"

"I'm sixteen! You can't control me like I'm your doll"

"I'm not controlling you, it's just the law!"

Silence fell over the car as if their volumes had been muted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Kacy's POV*

I've never heard my mum swear at me before.. Even if it wasn't directed at me. Something really bad must've happened to mum and dad. I wonder why he left in the first place.. Every time I brought it up before she just shrugged it off with a "you're not old enough yet" remark. But I guess now we're going to meet him. I wonder how much he's changed in thirteen years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*General POV*

Kacy scanned the picture of her father that was on the dashboard. Her eyes became teary as she looked at him. Lorraine looked over to Kacy who was wiping away her tears frantically.

"Sorry mum, I just don't feel right when we pin the blame all on dad when we haven't heard his version yet" Kacy said apologetically.

"It's ok Kacy, how about we stop off at the nearest service station and do some shopping?" Suggested Lorraine.

"Sure, that'd be nice" Kacy replied with an honest smile.

Lorraine drove another half a mile before turning right up into a roundabout and exiting on the first right down to Exeter Services. They both got out the car and ran into the front doors and entered the service station.