Ravenous beginning

Abandoned by her mother left alone with a father who was never home. When he was he was distant never talked to his only daughter. She was raised by a nanny who hated her job. At the age of 12 she started to train herself in self defense. When she turned 15 she told her dad to fire the nanny. He yelled at her for thinking she could take care of herself.

"Father" she said "why do you think I can not care for myself? I am a 15 years old , at the age of 12 I taught myself self defense, because the nanny was becoming abusive." She began to yell. " I didn't tell you because you never talk to me! I learned to cook for myself from the cook books! I wash my own clothes I clean this house! The nanny stopped cleaning and caring for me when I was eleven! Fire her or I will leave just like mom did! I will go to uncles house!" He said nothing and just nodded his head. After a little bit he told his daughter he would fire the nanny. He didn't want to lose his only daughter.

One year later. "Raven I'm sending you to the alpha-warrior school." he told her. She nodded her head and said okay. She was excited that she was finally going to school with other people and not home schooled. She went into the kitchen and got out some pots and pans deciding to make spaghetti and meat balls.

"Raven." her father said. "yes?" she questioned. " You will be going to school tomorrow in the morning." She turned around from cooking and smiled. "Thank you dad." He smiled back he hadn't seen her this happy ever. He decided he was going to try and be more of a dad even though she mainly grew up with out one. He decided he'd was going to get her the truck he has seen many times left on the computer. He started to think of how different Raven was from her mother. She was strong and independent unlike her mother who was weak and dependent on everyone. He started to watch his daughter as she cooked and how he reminded him of his sister. Her long blonde hair was the only trait she carried from her mother.

" Raven I'll be back in an hour or so okay?" He said. She nodded her head and went over to the stereo to turn on some music while she cooked. When she heard him walk out the door she put the spaghetti on low so she could run up stairs. She went through her closet looking for something to wear on the first day of warrior school. She decided on a gray v-neck, a green army jacket, dark jeans, and a pair of boots. She ran back down stairs to finish cooking. After a little bit the noodles where done she got the meat out and browned it and made the sauce to go with it she combined it all and set a plate for her dad. She began to eat and when she finished eating she put his plate in the microwave and went to bed.

Her father didn't get home till late. He had gotten the truck she had been looking at but it took longer than he thought. He went in the house to find everything cleaned like always and his dinner in the microwave. He went to the spare room and dug around for some ribbon to put on the truck. He found some bright green ribbon and made some simple bows to put on the mirrors. He set an alarm to wake early and make pancakes.

She woke up to the smell of food; which surprised her, her dad never cooked. She put on the outfit she decided on and did her normal morning room routine. She walked down the stairs and saw her dad had made pancakes and bacon. There was about ten slices of bacon on her plate. She giggled with excitement and started eating once she sat down.

She finished eating and wiped off the crumbs on her face. "Dad?" she called out as she put her plate in the sink rinsing it off. "Yes?" he says coming around the corner. She looks over at him and sees he is dressed really nice, not business nice, but cleaned up.

She smiles and says " are you ready, dad?" He nods his head and holds up two sets of keys. Raven smiles and gasps " you didn't!" she yells. He covers his ears and laugh " yes my dear Raven, I did, since I will not see you for a few months. I figured it would be a good gift for being a terrible dad all these years." She runs, hugs him and they walk outside. She is stunned, its is the truck she had been looking at for months. A sky blue Chevy Silverado diesel with a 12 inch lift kit.

"DADDY YOU DIDN'T!!!!!" She yells as she climbs in and a step sliding out. being 5' 4" it would have been a struggle getting in without one. " Oh but i did." he says climbing in his pick up and pulling out of the drive. He pulls up next to her and motions for her to follow him to the school.

We drove into the parking lot and it looked like an average school, but with my heightened sense of smell I could tell it was a werewolf school. My dad parked his truck and then I parked mine next to his. The wolves that where outside gocked at my dad and I's trucks. I giggled as I jumped out of my truck and walking around to my dad so he could escort me in.

First day of school, I was excited, I didn't realize it was going to be my first day of hell.