One

Dezerii adjusted his dark hood as he rounded a corner in the bright busy streets of  Iridian. The buzz of a thousand people was brought to his ears. He saw hundreds of colors on the top of people's heads. White, for waiting. Most people had white hair their entire lives, waiting for love, waiting for children, waiting to die. Another color in multitude was brown. This was reserved for content people. For people who weren't exactly overjoyed, but couldn't complain either. The rest of the colors in the crowd weren't as common. He saw some dark grey, symbolizing servitude. Those were common in the castle, among servants whom owed he kingdom something. Red adorned a couple of heads among the crowd, far less than there should have been considering what it ment. Happiness. Not the kind of half happiness you feel sometimes when things go your way. The kind of happiness you feel on your wedding day, or when your first child arrives. Or when you finally get told "I love you" by the only person you care about it coming from. Dezerii felt his hair change when he saw people with dark forest green hair. This was for love. Not family love either, true love. Soul mate love. The love you will only ever feel for one person. His parents don't even have green hair.

     "I'm home!" Dezerii called, hoping for a reaction. Nothing. He trudged up the stairs to his room. He took off his hood and looked in the mirror. Sure his hair had changed from blond to orange, but what did it mean. He seemed to be the only one in all of Harisi to have hair that didnt follow the chart scientists had made, matching the changing hair to the emotions and state of being the people experienced. And Dezerii didn't match a single one.