Ⅰ . the day she makes a 'friend'?

"'...I get what I want, you know that. If I want her, I would have her.'"

song for this chapter. sweater weather, by the neighborhood.

Introduction >>>

I have no close friends or relatives here in New York.

Just my mom and I.

I'm a senior now in South College Prep High School. I don't have any best friends because I learned having none is just better.

First day as a senior, and I'm already thinking about the day I get to leave.

+

I walked into my final class (thank god) and sat next to some kid with blonde hair in the back of the classroom.

More kids started walking in the history teacher, Mrs. Moore, got up and closed the door.

"Okay, hello new seniors. You guys made it so far..."

I stopped listening after that. I heard this speech in my five classes before this.

"Boring right? Having to hear the same thing over and over today," I heard the boy who I sat next to say.

I smiled. "Yea, it's boring. You are?"

"Lucas, Lucas Springer."

I recognized his name but I couldn't remember how exactly.

"I'm Karlie."

He grinned. "That's it? No last name?"

"Grey." I whispered so the teacher wouldn't hear our conversation, even though she was too caught up in her speech.

"Like Christian Grey? Is that your dad?" He laughed. I knew he was joking but I still mumbled, "No, my dad passed away but thanks for that reminder."

I guess he heard because he quickly apologized, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's okay; I don't know why I said that. Kind of ruined the conversation."

The bell rang and the teacher dismissed us.

"Hey," I heard Lucas say. "we should hang out sometime, here's my number." He handed me a piece of paper with his number on it and I took it from his hands.

"Okay, uhh thanks."

"So like umm...can I get yours?", he asked shyly. I nodded and gave it to him.

He thanked me and I smiled in return.

I walked to my locker to put my books in and left afterwards.

Well I guess having one friend won't be so bad, right?

I swear I've heard his name before but I just can't think of it. It's beginning to bug the living shit out of me.

I walked to the front doors of the school and tried looking for my black range rover my dad got me for my birthday before he passed away.

I looked to my right and saw Lucas with the one and only, Justin Bieber. Of course! That's where I heard his name. He's part of some gang apparently and when I was a freshman this girl had told me to stay away from them. Oops.

I did for three years. That has to count.

Your first friend had to be a gang member. Great job Karlie.

I saw Justin looking in my direction and smirking. I looked away and continued to look for my car. When I finally did, I drove off.

I wasn't expecting my mom to be home since she's working all the time so I put my bag upstairs and got in the shower.