1 .

The only pleasing facts about Naples, Florida was the great shopping outlets, clear blue beaches, and the variety of cultures and people located within the state and city itself, but the one thing I am never prepared for is the warm weather.  I was somewhat prepared for the warm weather, but I didn't expect to be sweating bullets with only stepping off the airplane.

Our plane had landed nearly an hour ago at a private airport. They didn't have much like a regular airport such as large waiting rooms and small luxuries. The building we sat in was the nearly the same size as my mansion back in Virginia. The top floor was for the pilots, while the bottom floor was for us flyers to wait and get checked in.

Before arriving, the pilot had warned us that the building would be utterly warm due to a leak in the Air Conditioning system. Expecting my aunt to already be at the airport waiting for us, I didn't care much about the broken air conditioner.

Only after arriving, my mom received a text from my aunt explaining that she'll be running late to fetch us from the airport. My mom rolled her eyes, seeing as this is normal action of my aunt Heather. To be quite honest, she is the least dependable person I know. Her character was wild, somewhat crazy, and highly disorganized but there was always a glint in her eyes that would just make me forgive her for any havoc she would cause.

"She's here." My mom said to me after looking up from her phone. I stood up a little too fast in the airport, and a block of humid air just hit me. It felt like a minor heat flash, but was displeasing at the same time. Outside the airport was just as bad, maybe even worse, than the heat inside the airport. My curls had already fell into limp waves and my makeup began to run down my face. My loose black  blouse sucked on to my sweaty torso and absorbed any trace of sweat that it could get ahold of.

I glanced over at my mom, only to see her still in impeccable condition. She wore a loose fitting sundress that barley clung to her slim figure with plain sandals. Seeing my mom in such basic clothes would forever shock me seeing as she is the type of lady to always look her best even if it's a quick run to the grocery store or just get the mail. She had decided not to wear makeup, letting her natural beauty show. For a forty-two year old women, I must say my mom can pass for a lady in her late twenties, early thirties.

She had a natural beauty to her that I envied sometimes. She never needed much makeup, only a simple brush of foundation with eyeliner to make her brown eyes pop out and that was it. Unlike her, I wore my makeup constantly even thought my mom always claimed I didn't need it. She didn't understand how crucial the media can be about your appearance. Even the slightest nip slip or a much too short skirt can cause headline and when having the last name "Hart", your image is everything. The biggest problem I struggled with is my acne around my cheek area. The small outbreak had started about a year ago and was never a major issue until People's magazine decided to do a closeup on it with an opposing article under the embarrassing photo.

"Tracy! Madison!" We looked up to see Heather standing in front of her old red jeep waving towards us. It was typical to always see aunt Heather dressed in thrift shop clothes that is way outdated. She had on her longtime green sweatshirt, blue flannel jeans with too much holes and permanent stains on it, with her black converses that looked partially decent. I remember the last pair she had was hanging on to dear fabric.

"My god Maddy! You've gotten so big!" She pulled me into a tight hug. Although she looked like she has just gotten out of a fight, she smelled of her usual cinnamon and apples body wash. "And you stink of expensive perfume." She looked at me and scrunched her nose. I rolled my eyes, prepared to hear her speech on using natural fumes from Mother Nature. "I have this plant that'll leave you smelling like mint for two days." She began.