The Birthday Dinner.

Ella's POV

its just a normal day in hell. I get up at six a.m doing my normal bathroom routine before school, which consists of having a shower brushing my teeth, drying my hair, picking my outfit (not that it ever matters what i wear as i have no one to impress and no one even notices me in that school) and finally after i had finished all that i began to make my way down the long staircase to the kitchen for breakfast with the meanest twins I've ever met in my life. Jake and Freya, the joys.

"Morning sweetie" my adopted mom greets me "morning mom" i reply with a smile Freya eyes me evilly for saying mom but i shrug it off and take a seat at the breakfast bar. I grab a bowl and spoon pouring bran flakes into the bowl before looking at Jake "Jake can you pass the milk please" he makes no sign of movement to pass the milk, i sigh why did i even think he would do anything for me. "Jake pass your sister the milk, and have some manners" mom says. i turn to Jake, his face is red with anger and i can tell he id ready to explode! he jumps out his seat throwing it around the new kitchen "shes not my FUCKING SISTER" he screams the next part before grabbing his school bag and storming out the door before mom could have it out with him. I was shocked i mean i knew Jake had anger issues but he has never had an outburst like this. I think his ADHD is getting worse.

"i'm sorry mom, i will talk to him" i say grabbing my own school bag ready to go, leaving my breakfast untouched. I suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. "No you won't i will talk to him, why would he want to talk to you did you not just hear what he said, use your brain for once Ella oh wait i forgot you don't have one" she laughs. That was mean and uncalled for i haven't even done anything here. "okay Freya that's enough, now go to school both of you, your going to be late" she gives us both a kiss on the head and sends us on our way. "AND DON'T FORGET WE HAVE A FAMILY DINNER TONIGHT AT THE LIME BAR RESTAURANT FOR YOUR DADS BIRTHDAY DON'T BE LATE! LOVE YOU BOTH".

I get to school searching the halls for my boyfriend, i spot him by my locker and walk up to him "hey you" i say, he similes leaning down and giving me a kiss "morning beautiful, how was your weekend?" i ponder for a minute "the usual uneventful, you?" he raises his eyebrows "went to scoot fields house party and jade was drunk all over the footballers again " he laughs in amusement. My boyfriend James is on the schools football team and is close friends to Jake that's how i met him, he was over the house when he came in my room and started talking to me after a couple of weeks we were going out. Now all though the bulling did stop when i started going out with James, my step brother Jake was still the same if not worse. I still don't know what James sees in me he could have any girl but he chose me and its just one of the things i love about him, he's different. Even though he is popular he doesn't  let it get to his head, there should be more boys like him.

i look up at him just as the bell goes "babe i will tell you about the rest of the party later okay i have to get to class , i love you" i smile "love you too" and with that i make my way to my fist class law. Law was boring and long just like double English and maths, i was so glad when it was lunch as i finish for the day and so does James so were going into town to help me  find a nice dress for my dads birthday meal tonight. We shop around for a while trying to find the perfect dress, we tried bank, river island and New Look. I was starting to think i wouldn't find a dress until we walked past forever 21 and a cute mid length dress caught my eye. I went in and observed it before deciding it was perfect i bought the dress, then James and i went to get a snack before we head back to mine.

After about another hour in town shopping and eating James dropped me back home and drove off. I went straight up stairs with my dress to get ready. I never really make an effort but this is a special occasion as it is my dads birthday. I put some makeup on, natural but with a smokey nude eye shadow to make it look more party like. i curled my hair and let it hang naturally down my back and i was pretty much done. All i had to do now is put my dress on. After putting my white lace dress on i found some heels to match and headed out the door to the lime bar restaurant. Everyone else was already there, i'm always the last person to turn up. whoops.

I walk into the lime bar and all eyes are on me, why? Maybe i look horrible and that's why everyone is staring i think to myself. I spot my family sat on a table in the far corner and walk over to join them. "sorry i'm late everyone i was getting ready" I explain. Dad looks at me and gives me a smile, i smile back giving him a big hug "Happy birthday dad, getting old now" i joke and everyone laughs and i have to say right now in this moment it is great and it feels like a normal family. But that never lasts long.

I sit next to Jake throughout the dinner and all he is doing is looking at me and its making me nervous. I make eye contact with him and smile awkwardly, then all of a sudden i feel a hand strokimg my thigh. I look under the table and am astounded when i realize its Jake's.

WTF....