Chapter 8

Mid 1940s. San Francisco.

Bill stood in line with the other men. Zoro had been right about one thing: Bill's aging was drastically slower. Three and a half centuries had passed, and Bill was barely 22. Zoro still was still in Bill's brain and his promise of bringing back Lewis were a constant reminder. Zoro kept Bill alive and Bill kept Zoro in this dimention.

Although Bill looked normal enough to anyone passing by, Zoro's presence had started to take a number on his mind. Zoro wasn't exactly on the sane side, and Bill's mind was slowly starting to be infected by it. He was jumpy and would quietly talk nonsense under his breath.

Now Bill was inching closer and closer to the front of the line. A lot of the men were older than him, but a couple looked his age or even a little younger. Some men looked determined and bragged about how many Japs and Nazies they would take down. Others looked scared and grave. For Bill, he was just doing as Zoro told him to. Join the war, and then I'll save your brother.

So, Bill had listened. It had been almost a century since Zoro had told Bill to do anything. The demon was just a little voice inside Bill's mind. It took place of his conscience.

A few minutes later, Bill was in front of the desk. "Name?" The man sitting at it asked.

Bill swallowed. "William Charles."

"Age?"

"Twenty two."

"Identification?"

Bill dug in his pockets and handed his papers to the man. Zoro had forged them for him and you couldn't tell they were fake.

The man nodded and handed them back to Bill. "Proceed."

He walked into a locker room where he was handed a uniform and was told to get dressed. He found a more isolated corner to get his uniform on. With the slow aging, that also meant that his scars from being a slave would also take a longer time to heal, if ever.

It turns out that Bill had signed up to become an airforce pilot, despite only having one eye. For about four months, he was the best one out there. He won many medals for his bravery.

Eventually, Bill couldn't take it anymore and asked Zoro what the heck he was doing in this war.

"If you take innocent lives, then that's a key to getting your brother back."

That had rattled Bill more than he'd like to admit. Soon after, one of the sergeants noticed Bill's weird behavior. He would talk to himself, glance over his shoulders, crouch into the fetal position, rocking back and forth and even scream randomly. So, the sergeant sent Bill home. No use having an insane man on their side.

When Bill got back home, no one trusted him. He became detached from everyone else and fell further into insanity. Zoro thrived on it. He became more powerful each day and forgot about his promise to bring back Lewis.

One day, in the 1950s, Bill's mind completely crumbled. Zoro took over and used too much of his power. Without Bill in control, Zoro was allowed to do anything he wanted to do.

That is, until he went too far.

Zoro was talking a walk in the woods when his body collapsed. He didn't know what was going on, so he left Bill's mind and jumped into the mindscape, pulling the twenty three year old with him.

Bill gasped and sat up. "What...who-where am I? What year is it? Why don't I remember the last few years?"

His head was spinning. He looked up at Zoro and remembered the promise the demon had made him. How many years had it been since that thought had even entered the demon's mind?

Zoro held up his hands when he saw Bill's face. He looked like he was about to murder someone. "Now, kid," the demon was saying.

"You made a promise!" Bill yelled. "Do you even remember it?"

"Um...something about your brother?"

Bill glared at Zoro. "You can't save him, can you?"

The demon shrugged. "I had to say something to get you this far."

"What do you mean?" Bill asked.

"I've driven you to insanity," Zoro said. "I may not be able to save your brother, but I can make you a demon so you can visit him."

Bill blinked. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go that far.

"Come on," Zoro said. "Think about how much your brother's missing you."

Bill thought about that. What would Lewis have done? Would he become a demon? Bill was scared by the fact that he couldn't remember the little details in Lewis' face like he used to. His image was slowly leaking from Bill's mind, just like everything else.

Bill panicked. "What'll happen to me, exactly?"

"Well," Zoro said. "You'll become like me. You can travel from here to there in a second. You'll be able to see your brother whenever you want, you just can't be out of the dreamscape without a vessel."

Bill was nodding. "Okay."

Zoro held out his hand and lit it on fire. Bill took a deep breath and took the demon's hand.

Zoro would've smiled if he had a mouth.

The changes happened so fast, Bill hardly noticed them. He resembled Zoro, but was a glowing yellow and had a top hat.

"Welcome to the dreamscape," Zoro said. "Bill Cipher."

~theshipper101~

Sorry for the long wait!

WRITER'S BLOCK!!!!

So, sorry for this crappy chapter, but it's the best I could come up with (don't hurt me!)