Chapter Five (Part Two)

A/N: The image above is of Suzuya Juuzou (the investigator). Also, I know this chapter is really long. So, sorry about that but it's literally taken me forever to write this! 

It's been 45 minutes since all factions began mercilessly slaughtering CCG investigators. Ayato attempted to avoid engaging in the 'activity' with Noro frequently coming to his aid. Howbeit, this time he found himself enclosed in an unlit alleyway with an androgynous-looking youth.

He proceeds towards Ayato who is situated on the ground, quivering. He beams at Ayato with his stupendously-sized scythe which dominates the lean boy. "You're making this too easy." His smile is ceased to be visible as he stops in front of the afeared Ayato. 

Red liquid falls in drops from the white-haired investigators' scythe. "Oh well," He speaks as he raises his  weapon in the air where the moonlights' reflection is observable. "There's plenty of more monsters like yourself to carnage!" Glee was evident in his tone where his large grin reappears. 

"Kaneki..." He mutters with teardrops coursing down his cheeks from his closed eyelids. 

The adolescent tilts his head in curiosity, "Pardon?" He questions with his scythe still elevated in the air. 

However, on the spur of the moment, two silhouettes are to be detected approaching the investigator from behind. Their tempo was almost abnormal as they hasten forward. Their footsteps become more audible attracting the investigator's attention.

He expresses an emotion of exhilaration as he identifies two more ghouls whose appearance's were just distinguishable. 

Ayato perceives that the boys' footsteps proceed towards the two other ghouls as he then apprehends the sound of iron repeatedly thrashing against the concrete from a distance. 

Unforeseen, Ayato is upraised from the earth before he can even wholly comprehend what's occurring around him. As he anxiously opens his eyes, he discovers himself in the arms of Kaneki. He couldn't be more content to be in Kaneki's solace embrace though he almost felt startled by this as Kaneki wasn't even in his division. 

Looking back, Ayato descried Noro attacking the young boy with his colossal beguiling kagune whom almost eradicated him. Forming the opinion from his judgements, Noro was certainly conquering the young boy despite his formidable skills with his scythe. 

As Kaneki conducts Ayato out of the alleyway, Ayato inhales a familiar aroma from his clothing causing his kakugan to exhibit itself on his once cobalt blue eyes. Saliva trickles down his chin as he comes to know that this appetizing scent is of human blood.

Kaneki glances down at Ayato having sensed his writhes in his arms. He gapes in horror as he witnesses the frenzy he's experiencing. What is wrong with him?! Kaneki questions himself as he proceeds to find the correct route. However, before long, Kaneki is struggling to keep Ayato in his grasp.

He halts aside a sushi restaurant, Ayato springing out of his arms as he then plunged onto the ground. Ayato stares at Kaneki as if he's gazing at his prey. With this, Kaneki at long last fathoms out what's causing this adverse reaction. It must be the blood on my clothing.

Kaneki delays no time. "Ayato, when is the last time you had an actual meal?!"  

The indigo-haired boy ponders for a moment, composing himself with this distraction. "It must have been the time when I vomited it back up." He responds. 

"That long ago?" Kaneki asks confound.

Ayato doesn't need to respond as a voracious low rumble echo's from the pit of his stomach. Ghouls could last for up to two months without consuming any flesh. Howbeit, Ayato had prolonged this. 

Kaneki contemplates his options for this, coming down to one inference. "Ok," he responds calmly, "stay here and I'll return with some flesh before this issue evolves." It was obvious Kaneki was feeling tense about the welfare of Ayato, like before when he ejected the meat in his system it was due to him not eating enough. He is too unwell to be a member of Aogiri Tree, but there's nothing I can do. 

"P-Please don't leave me, I don't want to be alone. Stay, please, or let me come with you." Ayato pleads as he stumbles towards Kaneki. 

Instantly, Kaneki approaches Ayato bearing the majority of his weight on himself as he attempts to keep him upright. The white-haired ghoul places his palm on Ayato's cheek, feeling the coolness of his dermis. "Why do you do this to yourself, Ayato? Famish yourself?" Now Kaneki wasn't certain if it would be a wise idea that Ayato was to stay at home because without Kaneki's observation, he'd be left to suffer from food deprivation. 

Ayato's eyes are moist with the liquid which is almost on the verge of streaming down his cheeks. "I... I can't savour it like I used to, flesh doesn't appeal to my taste buds anymore..." 

Kaneki doesn't respond to this, he forces Ayato into his bosom with a tight grip. "You idiot." He whispers softly into his ear. "You should have told me sooner."

Ayato lightly nods his head in agreement, "I'm sorry, I know. I fuck up all the time, that's the only thing I'm goo-" Ayato is cut off with the strength of Kaneki's palm against his mouth. 

"I don't want to hear it, stop blaming yourself for everything's that happened involving you because all this remorse and resentment you're feeling towards yourself is senseless. I can assure you that with all these happenings surrounding your father and Touka neither of them had anything to do with you, not even your absence of appetite for human flesh." Kaneki's tone remained composed throughout until it reached the very last sentence where tears  began to escape his steel eyes and his voice trembled. "I love you so much and it agonizes me having to witness you do this to yourself. Stop, please." 

The noise of his empty stomach increases as Ayato began to feel unsteady, his sight becoming vague. Before plummeting to his knees, Kaneki seizes onto him with a more intense grasp onto his thick jacket. 

"Ayato?!" He yells as he removes his mask from his face, then proceeds the same action with Ayato's mask. 

Without notice, two of the lower-ranking members of Aogiri Tree encounter Kaneki and the unconscious Ayato. They pass a glance at each other as they sprint across the rooftops of buildings, then descending onto the ground where Kaneki is positioned on the ground clutching onto Ayato. 

One of them removes their masks to reveal a brown-haired young male with black rectangular glasses. He warns Kaneki that there is a ghoul investigator approaching their direction though despite this caution he questions how he and his partner may be of assistance. 

"You must return to the Aogiri Tree building and ensure he eats anything besides human flesh." This utterance startles both ghouls. "I'll handle the CCG investigator." 

Without holding back, Kaneki passes Ayato into the arms of the other male where he lays his eyes on the figure's returning to the Aogiri Tree base from the direction they appeared from. 

With their silhouettes now indistinct in the murky night, Kaneki notices the CCG investigator approaching him. His just visible appearance was certainly familiar; the long, wavy white-haired youth with multiple stitches covering his body and it's large scythe which overshadows him, coated in fresh red fluid. It was the boy that almost killed Ayato... So what about Noro? Could that be his blood?

With thoughts cluttering his mind, Kaneki sprints forth with his kagune emerging from his lower back.