Forever and Always

Alex and Maddie agreed to stay together until further notice, not because Alex was worried that Maddie was going to get hurt, but Maddie was not yet healed enough to get back home. One night, Alex and Maddie were sitting in the woods, talking about life and eating berries that they both picked out earlier from a few bushes. "Alex.. Can I ask you something?" Maddie looked at Alex, both a little terrified and concerned at the same time. "Anything." Alex replied. Maddie gulped silently, "W-What are you?" Her voice faded, as if she was way too afraid to ask anything else. Alex chuckled and raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" She asked. "You know what I mean!" Maddie yelled. "Your speed! Your Strength! What is going on with you, Alex?!" She yelled even more while at the edge of breaking down into tears. Alex sighed and looked down at her hands. She shook her head and looked back up at Maddie. "I'm a monster." Alex blinked as her eyes flashed a devilish red. Maddie's eyes widened as she backed off, horrified. "But.. I'm also a human." Alex's eyes flashed back to her regular eye color. Maddie was still extremely terrified. Her hands were trembling and she was frozen. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I promise." Alex comforted her. Before Maddie could reply, both girls heard some bushes being moved just ahead of them. "Who's there?!" Alex stood up as her eyes flashed red. She growled and moved closer to the bushes. "Answer me!" Alex growled some more. A boy, Alex's age, stepped out and immediately fell to the ground. Alex tilted her head in confusion before getting down on her knees and flipping the boy's body over. "O-Oh my god." Maddie could already hear Alex crying. She stood up and ran to her, kneeling down beside her. "Alex, are you okay?" Maddie asked. "Who is he?" She added. Alex wiped her tears away and Maddie watched as she placed her hand on the boy's cheek. "H-He's.. He's my Ex-Boyfriend.." Alex mumbled. A while later, both Alex and Maddie carried the boy back to Alex's home and placed him down on the couch. "You should get some sleep, Maddie." Alex whispered as she placed a small wet towel on the boy's forehead. Maddie refused, but she knew that it would piss Alex off if she said anything, so she went to the guest bedroom and laid on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. Meanwhile, Alex watched over the boy. 'How.. How could you be here, Hunter?' Alex thought to herself. She flinched slightly as Hunter started moving around. He opened his eyes slowly and sat up quickly in shock. "A-Alex?" He spoke. "Where am I?" Hunter asked as he looked around him. "Where do you think? You're at my house." Alex replied. "What were you doing in the woods?" Alex looked at him straight in the eyes, never losing focus, not for one second. "I-I don't remember.." Hunter rubbed the side of his head. After a little while of Hunter and Alex talking, "You know.. I still remember the day you told me that you couldn't do 'us' anymore." Hunter chuckled sadly as he looked down at his hands. Alex looked up at him, "I didn't have a choice, Hunter, and you knew th-" Hunter cut her off, "You did have a choice, Alex! You did! You just, you just didn't know what it was." Hunter looked up at her, both sad and angry at the same time. He looked back and forth from Alex's lips to her eyes a few times before leaning in slowly. Both Alex and Hunter closed their eyes slowly before Hunter broke the space between them by placing his lips on Alex's. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. Alex placed both her hands on his cheeks as Hunter picked her up and placed her on his lap. He took off his shirt quickly before placing his lips on hers again. Hunter put love and lust in the kiss, letting Alex know that he still truly loves her, even after the things they have been through. 'I promise to love you forever and always, Alex.' That sentence repeats in Alex's head as her lips moved in sync with Hunter's. Alex pulled away and looked down at Hunter. She smiled softly before resting her head on his shoulder. They both laid down on the couch, Alex was on top of Hunter, and he was kissing her head every now and then. "I love you, Alex Harmon. That doesn't change." Hunter whispered beside her ear. Alex was already half asleep. She smiled when she listened to Hunter's deep voice say that sentence. "I love you too, Hunter Gray, forever and always." Alex whispered before falling asleep on him.