Chapter Two: Afterwards

Okay, not the longest chapter, but please enjoy nonetheless!
____________________________________________________________

It was a few hours later and Jeremy had just woken up. When had he fallen asleep? He lifted himself up from the couch (he must've passed out soon after he got home). Jeremy realized that the cushion beneath his head was damp.
Oh.
Right.
He sort of cried himself to sleep.
As Jeremy sat up, he couldn't help but think back to the events at the pizzeria. Just the thoughts made his eyes feel watery again. "Why...?" Jeremy muttered to himself. That's all he wanted to know was why. Was it something Jeremy did? But if that was the case, what did he do? Was it just the mere fact that he existed?
Jeremy shook his head. That couldn't be it! Vincent had always enjoyed his company! Or, he seemed like he did anyway...

No, Jeremy, stop thinking like that!
Jeremy realized that he started crying again. Bringing up his hand to wipe his eyes, he stood and walked over to the bathroom to wash his face. Maybe just splashing some cold water on his face would do, too. Flicking on the light, the first thing Jeremy saw when he looked in the mirror were the flaming red marks on his neck where Vincent had tried to choke him. "Why'd you d-do this to me, V-Vincent?" Jeremy asked, continuing to look in the mirror. He reached for the red marks on his neck, gently touching them. Jeremy flinched. Those were going to take a while to go away. He felt the all too familiar lump return in his throat. Jeremy took a few deep breaths before finally turning on the water and splashing some in his face. Once he was sure he didn't look like a complete train wreck, he lifted his head back up and turned off the water. Jeremy stared into the mirror, still analyzing the marks on his neck.

The sudden ringing of his phone sent Jeremy jumping as adrenaline rushed through his body. He really needed to calm down, every little thing had him flinching and jumping. Jeremy rushed back to the living room where he had left his phone. He looked at the caller ID. It was Mike. Jeremy quickly answered. Maybe talking to Mike would calm his nerves. "Hello?" Jeremy greeted as he put the phone up to his ear. "Hey dork." Typical Mike. "What happened earlier? You just fuckin' left without saying anything." Mike asked. Jeremy froze. Maybe this talk wouldn't calm him down like he initially thought..."O-oh...um, it's n-nothing to worry about, Mike. There was s-something I, uh...n-needed to take of?" Jeremy was a terrible liar, and he knew it. He could hear Mike scoff on the other line. "Bullshit, Jer. What really happened?" Damn. Jeremy bit his lip. "Really! I-It was nothing!" He insisted. Mike sighed. "Fine, don't tell me. But you're okay, right?" Jeremy was far from okay. But he couldn't tell that to Mike, he didn't want him to worry too much. After a moment if hesitation, he responded, "Yes, I'm f-fine."

Mike seemed satisfied with that answer. "Aight. Talk to you later, dweeb." On that note, Mike hung up. Jeremy placed his phone on the table and leaned back, staring at the ceiling. He couldn't tell anyone about the incident, he just couldn't. What if Vincent tried to kill him again? Jeremy shuttered. Before he could think about it too much, Jeremy laid back down on the couch. Even though he already napped for a few hours, he was still exhausted, physically and mentally. He closed his eyes and he was out cold again within a few minutes.

Perhaps things would get better in the next few days.