Giving Up

She came home in tears from school, she was giving up that night no matter what! She found pill bottles and hid them in her room when she got home. She was waiting for everyone to be home and for them all to fall asleep, to fulfill her plans. Her backup plan was to hang herself or maybe both, who knows. She also could slit her wrists if worse came to worse, but she was ready to die. She was waiting for another day to come of her being bullied at school to just send her over board no longer was she borderline suicidal now she is highly suicidal, she just needed to be save. Would you save her? She needed to know she wasn't alone. She couldn't take all the hate, and her parents weeks before had announced a divorce. Only if she saw that suicide prevention line number sooner, if only she had reached out for help. There's a lot of 'If only's'. Her life is on the the line, she's a danger to herself, she's scared of herself. She wrote her suicide letter making sure to include how much of a crappy day she had at school and if she had made a failed suicide attempt she would keep trying if she had to go back to the school where everyone hates her. Her mom finally came home and of course Lilly asked where's dad to be told he's not living here anymore. She ran upstairs slammed and locked her door, she lost it she just started crying her heart out, she knew now that she was completely alone. How much could this girl take before it was too much? Her phone goes off as a unknown number texts her telling her to kill herself also adding how worthless she was. She grabbed one pill bottle, opened the lid and one by one she took every pill in that bottle. It wasn't enough so she took another bottle and took even more pills! This poor innocent girl. She took a razor blade and slit her wrists, she had passed out... Heaven grew an angel that night. At her funeral there was her dad bawling his eyes out, so was his ex-wife. Her bullies were also there, they couldn't believe they caused her death, they feel terrible and their hearts are now broken. If only her day went like this. She got up for that morning, ready for school and her bullies just left her alone, if she got help from guidance if only someone became her friend and told her how she was worth it, she could still be here today.

Remember one kind sentence can change someone's day, it can change their plans. Be everyone's friend, you never know what they're going through.

National Suicide Prevention Number: 1 (800)-273-8255

or

Text 741-741