About Van Ecker/Couder & Associates

The Alternative Investment Company. Creating value in a changing world.

Established in 1989, Van Ecker/Couder & Associates is a leading provider of alternative asset investments.

The firm focuses on distinctive areas of investment that are supported by macroeconomic fundamentals and offer the potential to generate uncorrelated, above average returns on a sustainable basis. Applying an 'expertise for investment excellence' approach, Van Ecker/Couder & Associates draws on highly qualified, independent investment teams to generate a long-term edge.

Alternatives Investments

manages a broad range of alternative investment funds and tailor-made special mandates from its Brussels headquarters and Hong Kong offices.

These include quantitative investment strategies, event-driven strategies and sustainability strategies as well as real asset investments in renewables, infrastructure, agriculture, real estate and private market investments, which include private equity and credit strategies. A multitude of mostly institutional investors, including international pension funds, insurance companies and family offices seeking alternative investment solutions have entrusted more than EUR 6.4bn to the Van Ecker/Couder & Associates (as of June 2014).

Investment Experts

Applying an 'expertise for investment excellence' approach, the company draws on independent investment teams to identify, develop and manage investment opportunities for an international investor base. In the liquid asset space, dedicated teams are focused on developing and managing strategies in specialist areas such as quantitative investments, event-driven and sustainability strategies.

Van Ecker/Couder & Associates applies the same approach to its real asset investments, where teams of investment specialists focus on their fields of expertise – including renewables, infrastructure, agriculture, real estate and to its private market investments, which include private equity and credit strategies.

Infrastracture

Operational strength as a source of competitive advantage: as an alternative asset manager, Van Ecker/Couder & Associates made the strategic decision to differentiate itself through its comprehensive operational infrastructure early in its development. This is an important source of competitive advantage, particularly in real asset investments, which are still relatively new territory for many investors. Van Ecker/Couder & Associates provides real asset investors with the same high quality services that they expect when investing in other, traditional asset classes and that are imperative for the successful implementation and performance of real asset investments in the long term.

Dedicated risk management, portfolio management, execution, valuation, structuring, legal & compliance experts within Van Ecker/Couder & Associates enable the firm to maintain complete oversight of its projects and to meet the specific challenges that real asset investments entail.

The same principle of operational excellence applies to Van Ecker/Couder & Associates' liquid alternative investment strategies, where teams of dedicated experts ensure 'best of breed' investment oversight and enable the efficient implementation of the investment strategies.

Within Van Ecker/Couder & Associates, operational risk is managed separately from the portfolio management function. Furthermore, independent monitoring ensures that investment portfolios remain stable, well within regulatory guidelines and adhere to industry 'best practice'.