Chapter 3: Former highschool crush

I gazed upon 3 thick stacks of  $1,000 bills.
The only explanation I could think of at the moment was
'Why is Louie paying off my step father?' I quickly sorted through the rest of the envelope and found a small folded piece of paper.
After I carefully opened it, I scanned it for any clues, but to my misfortune the only thing written on it was
"Last payment. Deal is done."
"What deal?" I asked myself
...
I walked into my house and heard my loud voices coming from the family room.
"How dare you! We had an agreement!" Yelled a voice
"Things changed and I had to do what's best for my family as well as my business!" Frank shouted back.
I ran in only to see a tall, built man with light brown hair and the most captivating grey eyes with a blue tint to them...Dear god he still makes me weak.
"S-Stevi" I stuttered slightly surprised at his presence. 
That's right Stevi fucking Brunetti.
Let me give you a short summary of this boy. Stevi was the only guy I had eyes for. He and my brother were inseparable in High School and my dad use to be extremely close with his.
But I never had the confidence to even wave to him.
...
"Val, you need to leave." Said my stepfather sternly.
"What the hell is going on?!" I yelled in frustration at all the confusion I was feeling.
"Stevi. Not here we'll talk later." Said my brother rubbing his temples and leading Stevi to the door.
"You better have a good explanation..." Growled Stevi as he slammed the front door and stormed off to his car
...
"Val," sighed my step father
"I want to know what's going on behind my back Frank." I glared at him
"What do you mean?" Chimed in my mother from the kitchen, pretending that the argument with Stevi didn't happen.
"I want to know what THIS is" I spat and dumped out the stacks of 100$ bills on the coffee table in front of me. Then throwing the small piece of paper at Frank.
"So this is the last payment? What deal is done?" I asked angrily, referring to the note.
My family froze.
"Take a seat." Huffed Frank as he poured himself a small glass of scotch while my mother gave him a worried look.
'Shit' whispered my older brother
"Start with the money." I said
"Fine so-"
"Shut up Venice." I interrupted him "I want to hear it from the big man himself." I spoke with venom coating my words.
Frank chuckled at my spiteful attitude
"When you father still was in charge of the business, there was an incident and his capos couldn't clean up the mess so the police were hot on his trail. However being that the Brunetti Mafia and ours had such strong ties, they offered to help. They completely took care of the situation and you father was in debt to them."
"Okay but what does that have to do with Louie paying you off??" I questioned getting annoyed at his boring, long back story.
"Stevi is the last generation to take over the business, yes? Well, if something were to happen and Stevi had to take charge, you would take place and be his wife..."
My older brother gave a slight look of disgust.
My heart fluttered at the idea of me and him together...which made my stomach turn into a swarm of butterflies.
"So then why am I with Lou-"
"Getting to that." Frank cut me off
"However, this deal was made while your father was still alive, so it was established long ago. But, a little before your father died we became in alliance with the Costello Mafia and when the crisis of Joe getting sick and Louie taking over at a young age and what not. Your father gave the same exact agreement to them."
He said speeding up his words before taking a short, sweet sip of his alcohol.
"But when it was Stevi's turn to become the boss, you were already set to marry Louie And this whole pay off bullshit started." Growled my brother while pulling out a cigarette.
I glared at him as if I mentally were defending Louie.
"Long story short, Louie was paying our family off in order to keep the marriage with you and once you were officially engaged to him, the payments would end." Said my mother in annoyance of the never ending story.
I nodded and sat there in silence, letting this information sink in.
"So is Stevi upset about it?" I finally asked
"Very" said my brother while rolling his eyes as far back as they could go.
...

Okay now the whole back story thing is out of the way, there will be more drama rather than boring dialogue.
Please VOTE&COMMENT&FOLLOW if you want me to publish more!!!!!
THANK YOU!
-Norah