Prologue

Snap! "Dang it, " I mumble under my breath.
     My pencil broke,  again.  These stupid end of the year tests. They are long, boring, stressful and they won't even let you use your own pencil! Most of the test is online, but they are going to require me to use their pencil to scratch out my side work. Geeze!
     Its okay,  I remind myself, you still have 15 minutes to get a new pencil and finish the test. I take a long deep breathe to settle my nerves and raise my hand to get a new pencil.
     This sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach is starting to worry me. You are probably just worried you are going to fail the test, I try to convince myself. No, I'm not. This is math I am totally confident in it,  my voices argue back.
     "You now have five minutes class. You should be getting done soon." The teachers voice snaps me back to reality. Shoot. I look at my screen. Three questions left. I do them in record time; they were all things I was well versed on.
     That feeling in my stomach, its getting worse. Dang it! I knew it wasn't that stupid test! My voices are totally flipping out now. Is something really going to happen at school?
      I search the room for the first time. Yes, three of them are in here with me. Bing, Queen, and Libra. I'm sure they can feel it too. I'll do a quick scan of just the room.
    I focus my energy, first to my core, then pulsate it out. 1... I count in my head, 2... 3... the first pulse reaches the edges of the room.  So far so good. 4... 5... 6- it hits me. For a half second I can't breathe. I can sense something right out side the room, in the hallway.  Crap, I've never felt one with such a full presence ... or one so angry.
     I look up, out of my trance. My heart beat is already speeding up. Libras eyes are huge. Queen is acting like she is sleeping but I see how tense she is. Bing looks totally stressed out, and I know its not the test. She doesn't have it very strong, or at least not yet, but she can feel that something is wrong.
     Sometimes I hate it, but I know its saved us so many times. It is our use of the sixth sense.