Chapter 14

Aaron POV

I waited in Sam's driveway in my car while Eddie took Amanda to his car and drove away. I was waiting in the car planning what I would say to Sam when I heard the passenger seat door opening. I looked to my left to see Sam, "Aaron, I know you're here; I have a window". "Um...sorry". "If you wanted to talk then you could've just told me so", Sam got in the car next to me and closed the door. "Well, you kind of kicked me out of your house yesterday..." I said nervously. I couldn't tell Sam's expression: if she wanted to be with me or she just wanted to yell at me. A tiny 'mew' interrupted what she was about to say. I picked up Buttercup from the back seat and held her up to my face where she rubbed her face against mine. Kitty☺. Sam spoke, "Look, Aaron, I was just mad about Eddie and I knew Amanda was going to forgive Eddie if he put himself out there". "Eddie's a good guy," I said, "He's going to stop drinking. For Amanda and the baby". Sam smiled, "Thats good, but Aaron, I'm really sorry. Can you forgive me?". I let out a sigh, "Well, I can, but you may have to apologize personally to kitty". I held Buttercup out in front of me, eye level with Sam. 'Mew' kitty said. Sam smiled, "For what?" she said. "Kitty doesn't like it when mommy and daddy fight". Sam took Buttercup into her hands, "I'm sorry, Buttercup, can you forgive me". Kitty 'mew'ed in yes.