Chapter 20

| Jessica's POV |

I wake up to a sharp pain in my neck and lower back. I must have fallen asleep in the floor last night. I get up and try to stretch it out as I find Advil to take.

I keep quiet trying to let Sawyer sleep as much as he wants. Just moments later I see him running to the bathroom with his hand over his mouth. Shit.

I follow him to the bathroom and find him hugging the toilet as his body rejects every ounce of alcohol in his system.

I walk over to him and it smells like bodily fluids and pure alcohol. I kneel down and rub his back telling him it'll be okay.

After about 10 minutes he finally catches a break and cleans his face off. He then brushes his teeth and sits in the floor with me. Sawyer sits in silence, not touching me or anything. It's like we are strangers all over again just awkward now.

I grab his hand and tangle my fingers between his.

"Sawyer, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I did this to you. I'm sorry for leaving, a-and..and I'm sorry for kissing Joe." I feel tears roll down my cheeks at the last words that leave my mouth. He's never going to forgive me. Why should he?

"You kissed him?" He asks

"Well I didn't kiss him, he kissed me." I correct myself.

"When?"

"Yesterday before I ran out and came back home. I missed you Sawyer. I couldn't be near him anymore, you were all I thought about." I confessed

"You were all I though about too." he whispers as tears escape his eyes.

I take my thumb and wipe his tears off his cheeks, he gently takes my hand away from his face and plants his lips on mine.

He pulls away and looks at me.

"Please tell me you still feel something for me. I can't lose you." he pleads

"Of course I still do. You make me angry and happy at the same time. I can't live without you Sawyer." I wrap my arms around his neck and embrace him tightly.

"I don't want you to ever leave again.." he says as tears continue to roll down his sweet face.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Saturday Morning

I roll over in bed and hear my phone buzz. I look to see a text from Athena.

from: crazy cat lady

hey I'll be in Atlanta at 12:30 p.m. Don't be late! :-)

I look at the time and it's 11:30 p.m.

Shit!

I shake Sawyer to wake him,

"Sawyer we need to get ready and go to the airport to get Athena!"

He groans and opens his eyes slowly,

"What time?"

"12:30 and its 11:35 now, the air port is 30 minutes away. We gotta go now babe!" I start pushing him towards the edge of the bed for motivation.

"Okay okay! Get dressed."

I jump up and throw on a tee shirt and shorts, tossing my hair up into a messy bun and sliding my vans on. Sawyer puts on a shirt and changes into basketball shorts. He combs his hair with his fingers and we grab the keys, sprinting for the car.

"Shit it's 12:15 and we are still 15 minutes away because of traffic!!"

"Fuck." Sawyer mutters

"GOD DAMN YOU ATLANTA AND YOUR TRAFFIC JAMS." I yell

Sawyer laughs and looks at me,

"You're cute and funny when you're stressed out." he says

"Now is not the time." I say trying not to smile.

We arrive at the airport and I run inside leaving Sawyer behind. I desperately look for Athena, but knowing her she's probably changed her hair color. I look around and see no familiar faces except Sawyer's.

"JESSICA?!" I whip around and see a brown headed girl with teal tips in her hair. The familiar septum pierced girl starts running towards me as I take off sprinting to her.

"ATHENA!!!" I scream as everyone directs their attention to us. I jump on her and hug the mess out of her. She wraps her little arms around my small frame and starts bawling.

"I've missed you so much!!" she exclaims

"I've missed you too!" I say as I jump down and wipe away her tears.

"Don't cry, you're perfect make up is running!" I tell her as Sawyer just watched us.

She soaks it up and wipes her tears on her sleeve, then she see Sawyer.

"So you must be the famous Sawyer Hartman, huh?" she says

Sawyer turns red from being put on the spot, he doesn't know that she's aware of everything that's happened lately, but by the tone of her voice I think he gets it.

"It's okay, we are fixing things." I whisper to her.

She nods and walks up to him, sticking her hand out.

"I'm Athena. Like the goddess, but not really." she's says, that's her go to introduction.

"Sawyer." he says plainly.

I stand there and watch the awkward greeting go down. I clear my throat and catch their attention.

"Ready to go?" I ask

Athena nods and Sawyer turns on his heels to go back out to the car. I walk alongside Athena and chat with her.

We reach the car and Sawyer takes her luggage to put in the trunk as we hop in his car.

We drive down the highway back towards our apartment when my stomach grumbles loudly.

"I-um, anyone else hungry?" I chuckle trying to play off the fact that I'm STARVING.

"MCDONALDS." Athena screams making Sawyer flinch slightly.

"McDonalds it is." I laugh and Sawyer gets off on our exit. We pull into the McDonalds parking lot when Athena gestures for us to go ahead.

She's still smoking I see. She pulls out a camel silver and pops the ball. Digging through her purse she lets out a frustrated groan.

"Damn it!"

I tell Sawyer to go inside and I walk up to her, pulling out a black lighter from my bag.

"Here." I hand it to her and she gives me a little smile.

"Thanks Jess. Want one?" She offers

I look back at the restaurant and then back at her. Sawyer doesn't know that I use to smoke, a lot. Now it's rare.

"What the hell, why not." I take one from her and cup it with a hand as I light it.