XIX

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
CHAPTER NINETEEN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    Amoura walked out of the building with her bag on her. It was the end of the day and she was going straight home. She didn't have to work today and Ace didn't have school today so she would get to see him. Her grandma had settled her ongoing retirement issue and finally was out of work earlier than usual since she was only fifty five.

"What you doing wit allat ass lemme touch it." Emani came up smacking her butt

"You so gay." Amoura laughed

"Just a little. You going straight home?"

"Yes ma'am I'm hungry as hell."

"Here." She dug in her bag and handed Amoura the bag of Cheetos puffs

"Bitch I really love you." Amoura cooed

"I love you more fat ass."

Amoura laughed as she opened the chips "I didn't eat breakfast or lunch."

"How you like Lakief? He cool? Y'all friends? Tell me wassup."

"We just friends and yeah he's cool. I'm just so glad we didn't have sex that would've made things more awkward between us. I mean it already is somewhat considering we almost got to that point." She shrugged "But other than that he's actually cool and he didn't judge me off everything that Nari girl was saying."

"Yeah, Lakief is cool I knew y'all would get along."

"Girl bye." She chuckled "Hopefully we remain as just friends cause I don't need another Dre friendship." She did her fingers in quotation

"Yeeeah, y'all relationship something else. Y'all toxic and bipolar as hell."

"Fuck him. I don't even wanna think of him right now."

"Alright okay. My bad." Emani said "You walking home?"

"If you staying after school I can. It don't matter to me."

"Imma take you. I'll just come back."

"Emani you don't have to omg."

"I don't caaaare I want to."

"I already know you not gonna take no for an answer."

"Damn sure not. You right up the street."

They got to her car and got in. She dropped Amoura off home and Amoura went inside. Ace had a lollipop in his mouth as his eyes were glued to the screen until he heard her.

"Mommy" he said standing

"Hey acey." She gave him a kiss "Ew your face is sticky. Come on lemme wipe your face."

She went upstairs with Ace following behind her. When they got to the bathroom she wet a rag and wiped around his mouth.

"No more sticky mouth." She said making him laugh