Happy Easter Part: 2

"Mommy? Can I eat my candy now?" Aria asked as she reached in her basket and opened a plastic egg to reveal some candy.

"Aria, we have to check your candy before you can eat it ok? So put that back." Chris told his daughter as he drove them home.

"But..." Aria began.

"Aria..." Sheva said in a warning voice as she looked at her daughter. Aria slumped down in her booster seat and pouted. Sheva just sighed and turned back around in her seat. The rest of the ride was quiet and when they finally got home Sheva went right into her and Chris' room and plopped down on the bed. She took off her shoes and tossed them on the floor next to the bench at the end of their bed. Then she fell back on the bed and let out a sigh.

"Mommy?" Sheva heard the small voice of her daughter call her.

"Yes, baby?" Sheva asked tiredly.

"Can you please check at least 1 egg, please?" Aria quietly asked.

Sheva sighed and told her to give her the egg. Sheva opened the egg and checked to make sure the candy was not opened at any place then gave it back to Aria.

"Bring your basket to me; I don't want you to eat anymore candy."

"Ok," Aria said simply and ran to the living room to get her basket. She returned seconds later and gave her mother her basket. After she gave her the basket, she ran out of the room, tearing open the small pack of jelly beans and stuffing them in her mouth.

Sheva smiled at her care-free child then put her basket on the nightstand on Chris' side of the bed. She looked at the picture of them on their wedding day from 5 years ago then picked it up and smiled. Those were one of the happiest days of her life. Then Aria came along a year later and they thought their family was complete. But then last year Sheva found out she was once again pregnant. She looked down at her large stomach and rubbed it.

Sheva's eyes started to tear up as she remembered the good memories and the new ones she was going to make with the new baby. She reached over and grabbed some tissues on the nightstand and dabbed at her eyes. Just then Chris walked in and saw his wife crying.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he hopped on the bed beside Sheva.

"Oh nothing, I was just looking at our wedding picture and thinking how far we've come since that day." She told him with a small smile, trying to assure him she was ok.

"Yeah we have, haven't we?" Chris asked as he placed his hand over hers on her belly.

"Yeah..." She said as she turned around and gave him a small kiss on the lips. "I love you, Chris." She told him.

"I love you too, Shev." Chris said as he gave her another kiss but this one lasted longer. Chris' hand went up to Sheva's head and pulled it closer to him to deepen the kiss. His hands went lower and lower until-

"Daddy?" they heard their daughter's voice and quickly separated from each other. Aria stood at the door with a confused look on her face.

"Yes?" Chris said trying to play it off.

"What are you doing?" She innocently asked, looking between them.

"What are YOU doing?" Chris asked changing the subject, not willing to tell her anything he had in mind.

Aria laughed at her father and hopped on the bed with her parents.

"Your silly daddy!" She giggled as she poked his nose, which caused Chris to pretend to snap at her finger. Sheva smiled as she watched the two.

"I'm going to go finish fixing dinner, don't get your finger bitten off, Aria." Sheva told them as she got off the bed and headed for the kitchen.

"Can I help?" Aria asked as she followed her mother down the hall.