Part 3

We end up going to a little "Mom and Pops" resteraunt across town. It's small and smells old, It's made from wooden logs, like a cabin. And there's deer heads and birds on the walls, a picture of a black lab hangs above our booth. I slide in across from him.

"Hi." The waitress says. She's tall with dark short hair and a nose ring. "My name is Mandy, and I'll be your server, do you know what you would like or you still need a bit?"  I'm about to say I need a bit when Spencer says "We're ready."

I dont even know what all they have here, sadly, i've never been here. I dont go out to eat often. Wait, Spencer and I are out at a resteraunt. Alone. Just us. No! This can't be a date. Don't even think that. But to late. And just the thought, makes my whole body warm, and my stomach turns, in a good way. Is this a date? Probably not, but a girl can pretend, right? "We'll take two burgers, everything on them, fries, and two chocolate milkshakes." He tells Mandy before turning to me, "trust me?" He asks. I just nod. I'm speechless. This is not me, he makes me feel funny, act diffrent. But I like it. "That'll be it." He tells the waitress as she scribles down our order, and hurries off. 

"So, wana tell me what you were really doing on that bridge?" Not really. I dont answer, just look down and start to pick at a loose string on my torn pants. Wish I could have new pants, like his sister. I sit here, with long greasy hair in a pony tail because I have to use body wash as shampoo, an old hoodie hidding my cuts and bruises, jeans with holes and stains. And him? He sits across from me, perfect. His clean leather jacket, over his button up plade shirt. Ha, the only thing that hides is his perfect body. This table represents the line between our worlds. Two vary diffrent worlds. Date? Ya right! He would'nt date me. He took me here because he saw a petthetic girl on a bridge, thought she was going to jump, so he saved her. He's a hero, and feels sympathy for me. Nothing more. Well, I dont want his sympathy. 

"What do you want me to say, Spencer?" I demand, looking cross that line that separates us, straight into those gorgous, perfect eyes. " You want me to say I was just thinking? Because I was. I was thinking about what it would be like to jump!" Shock in the pretty eyes.I could stare at those pretty blues forever. 

"But, Abby, why would you..."

"Ha" I scuff. "Why wouln't I?" I ask, now this is the real me. The real real me. Not the person that I become around him. Not the front I am around everyone else. But me. "My life isn't like yours, Spencer. Nothing at all like yours. I'm poor, do you even know what that means? You think my pants are to short becouse I like that look? No, I've been wearing the same cloths since I was thirteen. You think every family is like yours? Ha! No, My dad is terrible! Horrible! My mom is gone, she left us. He takes everything out on me! You think I dont know what people say about me at school? I'm not a whore, I'm not! I'm just stupid. Okay? I believe a guy when he tells me that he likes me. I believe him all the way to the bedroom. Well I'm not doing that anymore, no one cares about me. A-and I'm fine with that, it took awhile, but i've come to terms with it. So congratulations. You saved a crazy pathetic girl from doing something she wouldn't have the guts to do. You did that. It's done, you don't have to take me out to dinner and pretend to like me too." I get up from the booth, and head towards the door, trying to hold in the tears.

"Abby wait..." I hear him say, "where are you going?"

"Home."

"It's like ten miles." He points out. I just shrug and walk out. 

The walk home is long, he was right, it is like ten miles. And it's dark by the time I get home. I wipe the tears away, and hurry inside, shivering from the cold. The instant warmth makes my skin burn and my chest ache. "Where the fuck have you been?" Dad yells, stomping out of the kitchen, bottle in hand.