Chapter 1

I grabbed my bag and an apple off of the counter and went out the door. I have to pick up Riley for school like I always do. Riley's my best friend. She's dating Lucas, who is also my friend.

It's kind of hard to see them all lovey and stuff because I kinda have a small crush on Lucas. I would never tell Riley though, she'd be heartbroken.

I pressed the buzzer and Riley buzzed me up. I opened the door and walked in.

"Hey!" I shouted

Mrs. Matthews walked in with Auggie. Auggie sat down at the table and Mrs. Matthews put a bowl of something in front of him. She's not really a great cook.

"Good morning Maya. Want some?" Mrs. Matthews said pointing to what Auggie was eating

"Uh- no thanks Mrs. Matthews." I giggled

Mr. Matthews walked in and sat down next to Auggie. He looked at what Auggie had and made a disgusted face. I smiled and walked to the table.

"Want some?" I asked

He chuckled and turned around.

"Good morning Maya." He smiled

I smiled back as Riley came down. She gave me a big hug and grabbed her bag.

"Good morning Maya!" Riley said happily

I crossed my arms and gave her a weird look.

"What?" I asked

She gave me a big smile before someone knocked on the door. She ran over and opened it. Lucas walked in and gave her kiss. Ugh.

Even though I like Lucas, I still tease him. It's kind of like our little game. I tease him and he teases me back.

"Good morning Maya." He smiled

I rolled my eyes and walked over to them.

"Hey Huckleberry." I said

He chuckled. Riley grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the table.

"Do you want some breakfast, Lucas?" Mrs. Matthews asked

Lucas looked nervous and I chuckled.

"Ummmm, no thank you Mrs. Matthews." He said

Mrs. Matthews frowned and turned around. Mr. Matthews frowned when he saw Lucas.

"Ugh. You." He said

I giggled and Lucas glared at me. He turned back and looked at Mr. Matthews again.

"Uh, hey Mr. Matthews." He said nervously

Mr. Matthew has never liked Lucas. Well, he just didn't want Riley dating. We're in high school now. Riley rolled her eyes at her dad and walked towards the door holding Lucas's hand.

"We're going to school!" Riley said

"Bye!" They said as we walked out the door

-------------------------------------------

I felt someone put their arm around my shoulders and I turned around.

"Maya." Farkle said flirty

I giggled and shut my locker.

"Hey Farkle." I said

Farkle had a crush on me since we were in middle school. When Lucas and Riley went on their first date, Farkle and I had to go with them. We weren't a couple, but Mr. Matthews made us go even though I liked Josh, Riley's uncle.