chapter 1 // graudation gift

{alaska pov}

The moment I heard my twin sister scream I knew our graduation gift had to involve something one direction related, sadly.

Uncovering both my ears and I quickly glared at my parents before turning to my sister to see a stupid grin plastered on her face.

"ALSAKA WE HAVE TICKETS TO SEE ONE DIRECTION AHHHH" is all I heard before I once again covered my ears.

A split second later my hands were yanked from my ears and immediately placed in my sisters hands as she jumped up and down.

"We have to buy outfits for the concert! And get our hair done, Oh! And get our makeup done too! Oh my god Alaska WE ARE GOING TO SEE NIALL AHGHGHHAHAGAH"

Next thing I knew my sister was on the floor, still screaming sadly, but now rolling around on the wrapping paper covered floor. Crushing all reminisce of our other gifts we had just opened minutes before.

While my parents found this amusing and somehow cute ?? I was beyond annoyed, I grew up with Arizona's inhumane obsession to One Direction and watched as it grew over the years. I had nothing against the band, their music was alright and they were quite good looking. But I was more into alternative music than pop.

The sound of my fathers phone going off interrupted my sisters joy session and immediately silenced her.

After answering the call and a few mumbled words later my father hung up and gave a knowingly look to my mother.

"Alright darlings the town car is here" my mother sighed "and if we don't leave soon we will miss our flight to Spain"

"We can't keep the Vanderburgs waiting" my father finished. Gathering their belongings my sister and I quickly stood up and walked down the spiral stairs with my parents. As the maid opened the door my mother turned around and gave us a quick rundown of when they would be back, the rules while they were gone and something else that I didn't bother listening too.

"Stay out of trouble, and Mr. Hently will be here at 5pm Friday to pick you up for your concert. Oh and congratulations girls your mother and I are very proud of you, bye now!"
Was the last thing my father said before he walked out and got into the town car.

Sighing I turned around and began to make my way up the stairs taking off my graduation gown in the process.

"Ready to go shopping?" Arizona yelled as she ran up the stairs behind me.

"Shopping, we literally just graduated three hours ago from high school Ari"

"Yeah, yeah but the concert is in two days and that's barley enough time to get everything done". Arizona replied

"Fine whatever I need a nap though first or I'm not going anywhere". I mumbled

"Okay but be ready by 3 so we don't miss a full day of shopping" Ari said before disappearing into her room.

As I walked down the hall the familiar sound of silence filled my ears. A sound that I have been accustom to after many years of my parents flying around the world and my sister throwing her self in every activity possible.

I let my fingers trickle against the wall feeling every bump and crevice along the way. Looking up every so often at the expensive painting that hung on the high walls.

I never really thought about my family's wealth, it was always just a normal thing in my life. Money was always around, there were never any rough bumps and we always lived comfortably.

Maybe it was because my sister and I were so humble about it all the time, or maybe because our parents that bragged constantly about the fact that they could buy the Caribbean in less then five minutes or play with the stocks like toys where never around.

Opening my door I threw my graduation cap and gown onto my desk chair and flopped down onto my bed adorned by a countless number of pillows.

Tossing a few off to the side, I kicked off my heels and checked the time on my nightstand. It still felt unreal that in just one day I was leaving behind four years of memory's in one school. Although I wasn't very popular and my closest friend was my twin sister the years I spent there were overall pretty enjoyable. From directing the school news paper to being the top student in most of my classes school drifted by in a breeze.

As my train of thought began to slow down and my mind began to shut down I felt myself slowly falling asleep.

The only thing on my mind as I drifted off was the concert in two days.