chapter 5

"Why was Ellington there? Why didn't Matilda call me?" questions tunning through my head as I saw Rydel come back with all my siblings. I saw how good Rydel was with Roxie, all through the time Rydel had her, Rydel never failed to put a smile on her face. "Rydel, can I ask you something?" I asked, pulling her into another room. "Yea, what's up Rock?" she asked as Roxie grabbed her index finger. "I see how great you Are with Roxie, do you ming being the mother figure? I can't.do this by myself." I sighed, knowing she'd probably deny. "Rocky, of course! I would never let you go through this alone. None of us would. I just can't still believe that Matilda, my best friend, left this sweet, innocent baby girl on out doorstep." She gleamed, looking up at me. I sighed in relief, hugging her. "Thank you so much Rydel. I owe you big time" I said as we walked back into the kitchen, where everyone one was. "It's family, don't worry about it!" she hugged back carefully not to wake up the bundle in her arms. "I wanna hold her!" Riker whines as he made Granby hands. Rydel huffed and passed Roxie over to him. "She looks so Much like you Rocky, Jesus. Its gonna be hard to tell you too apart." he stated, stroking her cheek. We all laughed, but got Interrupted by a knock on the door. Mom went to answer it and told the door was for me. I left and headed to the door. "Um, may I help you?" I asked the strange man that was at the door. "I'm here for Roxie, I'm her step-father" hr angrily said to me. "Oh you're Ryan?" I stated, referring to the one Matilda left ne for. "Yea so, I'm he-" I cut him off by slamming the door. I sighed and walked back over. "Who was it?" mom asked worriedly. "Matilda's boyfriend. He wanted Roxie." I said looking at my daughter in now Ross' arms. "That asshole" Riker commented. "Um, Rocky. Ellington's here." mom butted in. "Why is he Here ?" I growled, forgetting that the rest haven't seen the birth certificate. "Dude we have band practise." Ross stated. I forgot we had band practise. I sighed, putting my head down. "Guys, this is why Rocky's mad at Ell." Mom showed them Roxie's birth certificate and wherr witness was, Ellington had signed his name. They all gasped and turned angry. "Why would Rat do that?" Ryland asked, taking Roxie into his arms. "I don't know" I stated. "Hey, Gu-" I cut him off by hitting him square in the eye. "Rocky" Everyone yelled. I picked him up by his shirt and pinned him to the wall. "Why is your name on MY daughter's birth certificate?" I growled at the fragile boy in front of me. "She called me the night Roxie was born for me to come to the hospital." he cried. I let him down as mom went to grab him an ice pack. "I'm sorry, Rocky. I didn't want it to come out like this." he groaned as the ice pack touched his eye. Rydel huffed and took Roxie from Ryland and up to her room. "Matilda called me and asked for me to come. And I knew that she didn't want her dickhead of a boyfriend to come in." he said, sitting down "Ryan showed up just about ten minutes before you." I blurred out. "Rocky, don't let him have her. I overheared Ryan and his friends saying that they want to kill Her." Ell said, making me angry. "Well, she's Safe here. And I don't want Matilda seeing her ever again." I said as my fatherly instincts came in to place. Everyone stared at me. "Matilda use to do a bunch of drugs, I don't know if she still does them." I sighed. "She did look a little wasted when the nurse brought Roxie in the room." Ellington spoke up. I knew it wouldn't be a good idea for Matilda to raise Roxie. "I want to get full custody."