1. Good Feeling.

Running, it was running.
It felt the underbrush tug at its fur, felt the rough grass under its paws. Ears perked, tail high, it seems to be enjoying itself.
Jaws snapping at leaves in the wind, winter is just around the corner. Best to hunt while it can, before the only source of food is awful, bland flesh.
No, it feeds off pleasure, and there is very little in the winter.

The town of Pine Peaks had a population of merely three thousand, many of whom life long residents. Felicia DeSara was one such resident, a young woman of only nineteen, fresh out of highschool. Living alone since her mother's death, Felicia had taken up a job at the local coffee shop, which is, incidentally, where she is. Her coworker Alex is in the back, apparently 'Checking the stock of sugar packets'. She has a feeling that the only stock he's checking is his fan fiction archive.
Felicia learned quite a while ago not to question it.
Work was slow that day, with only a few customers sitting at the small computers off to the side or around the tables. Leaning against the counter, she closes her eyes briefly, contemplating her dream the previous night.
What does it mean, she thinks, when you dream of being an animal?
A voice calls out from the back room.
"Take my shift, Fel?"

Felicia sighs heavily, and after quickly surveying the shop, peeks her head into the doorway.
Alex is, of course, on his phone. The soft blue glow illuminating his roundish features.
They've been friends since grade school, of course, but honestly.
"You're killin' me, Al."
He looks up at her, blue eyes pleading, a childish whine echoing through the room.
"It's just getting good! Mike is fighting for his life against a pack of demonic deer and-"
"Hold up, dork. I never said I wouldn't do it."

With a relieved sigh, he glances immediately back down, to his phone.
Felicia chuckles quietly, backing out of the room and turning around.

...And almost falling over as her eyes meet the piercing gaze of a customer.
Sheepishly, she fills the girl's order, going back to work with the dream and her friend on her mind.

__________________
Thank you all for taking the time to read this. This is only the first chapter, and it will update soon. The art on the cover was found on tumblr and is not mine.