Chapter One

Kamille's POV

I sat at my window watching the rain slowly fall outside. This was my ordinary activities. Watching, listening, and thinking. I quickly stood up as I heard my mother's beat up Toyota's door slam. Today was the first day she had been home this early in years. Quickly running down the stairs I sprinted to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle and aspirin for her. She was always drunk or high, I hadn't seen my mother sober since I was fourteen.
I started shaking as I heard her heavy footsteps walking towards the room I was in. I tried to avoid my mother above all cost but sometimes that didn't work.

"Kamille, why aren't you in school?" Was her first response on seeing me, "If you were around enough then you would know I dropped out" I snapped, I didn't realize what I had said until I was being thrown across the room and landed with my back to the stove. "You will not talk to me that way young lady and until I can get some respect around here you will be the one cooking and cleaning, now go to your room."

As I was walking up the stairs I came to a halt when I saw a moving truck in the front yard of the house next door. That was odd, I mean, who would want to move to this part of town? All we had here was chained dogs and drug dealers on every other block. Shrugging , I slowly made my way to my room. Thinking of who was moving in next door, I slowly fell asleep.

Marcus's POV

Sighing, I grabbed the last box out of the moving truck and took a look around, this is the place I will be calling home for the next two years. I trudged up the stairs leading the way to my new room and started unpacking. The first thing I opened up was a picture of me and my dad, quickly throwing it I moved to the next box, I didn't want to see any reminder of him, he was the reason I was in this run down town. If only he didn't cheat on my mother I would still be in my home town with my friends, my family and everything I love. I didn't even realize the time passing until I heard my mother calling me for dinner.

A/N : hey guys, first chapter!!! I am trying my best. I love all you guys! 😘
-Mal 😘