5

I was shocked as to what I was hearing. Could Darry like me? "I wouldn't think so, why? How do you even know who I am or what I look like?" He stopped and thought a minute. "I was there when you saved Pony's skin. And I saw him talking to ya for a good bit. What'd he tell ya? You can trust me I can keep a secret." I told him how Darry thanked me for the help and told to stay on my side that a girl like me shouldn't be over here. "Well he's right about that for sure. You seem to sweet and there's to many guys round here that would either wanna get in your pants or hurt ya. I can tell the way he looked at ya that would kill him." My heart was pounding. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That's when I saw Darry come walking up, only this time it was real and he didn't look to happy at Sodapop. "You best be going home Soda, shouldn't be out here this late alone." Soda nodded, smirked at me and ran off. "As for you," I felt his gaze shift to me. "I thought I told you to stay on your side." I was unsure how to respond so I just told him what happened. He seemed so understanding. When I finished he just walked up and hugged me. I couldn't believe it, considering he's probably been through so much more than me. I looked up and our eyes met. Suddenly I my eyes closed as I felt his warm lips meet mine. "Come on," he said looking at me with a smile. I was confused and he could tell. "You said you didn't want to go home so you can just stay at our house for tonight. You're welcome anytime after what you did for Pony." "You told me to stay where I was, on my sid-". He kissed me once more to get me to be quiet. "I only said that because I wanted to keep you safe from what's over here. Seems you can handle yourself thought and I would like for you to." I smiled and hugged him as we turned and headed to his house. "Now, let's go on home and get some rest."