Yes or no?

MADDY POV-

After I helped Dylan, he asked me if I wanted to stay for dinner. I had to say no because my old friend from here, Alex, was wondering if I wanted to hang out and I already said yes to him, so I had to say no to Dylan. I couldn't tell Dylan that I was going to go hang out with a different guy, so I told a small lie. I told Dylan that I had to call my mum and unpack everything. He offered to help, but I had to say no to that too.

My life is ruined because he probably hates me.

DYLAN POV-

I guess me asking Maddy if she wanted to stay for dinner was kind of instant, but it just slipped. I knew she would say no. I know she doesn't like me. She said she had to call her mum and unpack. Then I asked if she needed help. She said no like I was offering her alcohol or something.

She hates me, It's official.

MADDY POV-

The last time I saw Alex was 2 years ago. He was 16, I was 15. The first time I ever saw him was on the beach when he was coming out from a surf. I was tanning. Alone. Because I still had no friends here back then. But he came up to me and asked if I wanted a tanning buddy. And right then we became friends.

He still looks the same. But he's taller, more tan, and has straighter teeth. When he sees me, he runs over and gives me a hug (the kind of hug where you don't hug back and the other person is lifting you off the ground).

"You look like a nervous wreck." He says with a wink.

"Yeah, probably because I have to stay here for 5 months," I say, "without any friends."

"but," he starts off, "I'm your friend."

I just smile and we go to get something to eat.

(4 hours later)

it is exactly 10:30pm. It's been 4 hours since I left Dylan's. Alex left because his mum was worried.

I tried texting my dad to see if he could come pick me up, but he can't because he's not home and won't be home for awhile. Ugh. Now what do I do?