A Sleepless Night

Jake knocked on Dirk's door, looking upset. "Dirk? Are you awake?" He asked as he stood by the door. The door was answered by a tired looking, half asleep Dirk. "Yeah, i'm awake...what's the matter Jake?" Dirk asked with a semi-concerned look. Jake scratched his head and blushed of embarrassment. "I um... I can't seem to get a wink of sleep...".  Dirk sleepily smiled. "Would you like to try sleeping in my bed with me?" he asked. Jake blushed even more than before. "O-only if it's ok...." he replied. "Of course it's ok. Why wouldn't it be?" Dirk said with a smile. "C'mon," he said climbing into bed and patting the space beside him. Jake crawled into bed beside Dirk, who then wrapped his arm around Jake. "Let's get some sleep, ok?" Dirk said, kissing Jake on the cheek. "Ok. Thanks Dirk..." Jake said, blushing redder than Karkat's blood. They both attempted to fall asleep but Jake continued to be restless, "Dirk?" he asked. "Yes Jake?" Dirk replied. "Have you ever wondered about what things would be like if we hadn't met?". Dirk paused for a moment, shocked by the question, "I guess I do sometimes. Why do you ask?". "Because, I don't think i'd like to know a world where we never meet..." Jake replied. "Me neither. Now get to sleep you." Dirk said. Again, they both tried to get to sleep. Jake began to toss and turn. He was still restless. Why could he not sleep? Dirk noticed this and sat up, looking over to Jake. "Are you really having that much trouble sleeping?" he asked in concern. "Yes," Jake frowned, "i'm sorry if it's keeping you up...". Dirk smiled down at Jake, "It's alright. Wanna watch a movie? Maybe that'll help you fall asleep." he laughed. "Alrighty then." Jake replied sitting up as well. Dirk left the room and came back with a movie. He put it in the DVD player, turned on the TV, then pressed play before running back to sit beside Jake. As they watched the movie, Jake started nodding off. His head bopped and his eyes felt like lead. He looked like he was about to fall over. Dirk made sure Jake was laying down safely before turning off the movie and laying back down. Jake wrapped his arms around Dirk and began to snuggle him as he fell asleep with a big smile on his face. Dirk smiled as he too fell asleep. The End.