Chapter 2

I woke up and it was 7:45 pm. I fell asleep for almost 6 hours. I checked my phone and still had the 3 text messages from my friend Lilly. I didn't feel like texting, so I called her to let her know I was okay. Her family took a trip to Arizona with her and her young brother and sister to go see some distant relatives. 

I called and she answered on the third ring. "Hello" she said very properly. "Hey, it's Amy." I said still groggy from my nap. I heard her brother and sister in the background. "Oh Amy.." she said worried, "are you alright? where have you been?" 

Lilly was another one of my best friends. Lilly knows everything about me. We've been friends for 7 years. I told her about my family one day. They started making me mad and one day I just called her and told her everything! I explained to her how I felt, what happened, how it made me feel...and she gave me advice. Ever since I told her, we've grown closer. Because she knows what I'm going through. She knows I cut myself. That's why she checks in on me, knowing she's my only girl friend. She tries her hardest to do whatever she can so we can talk at least once a day since she left. 

"I've been fine, just busy with school." I trailed off and I heard her parents in the background rushing her. "Oh Amy, I gotta go..But I promise to talk to you later" She sounded sad, like she felt bad for leaving. But I just smiled and let her go. Lilly's been really busy lately, she takes care of her brother and sister because her mom and dad are busy constantly. They're all really close and Lilly understands why her parents are busy. They really have a nice family bond, a good relationship with one another. 

Lilly has light blonde hair and is really pretty. She's very popular at our school and has a lot of friends. She's just busy nowadays, so she doesn't have a lot of time for everyone. Lilly was a nerd in our school, but after her braces came off and her hair got longer and a lighter shade of blonde, she started making friends..but I've been there since the beginning which is why Lilly understands me. 

I understand that Lilly can't always be stuck with me. If we're talking about friends, Lilly has tons and tons of opportunities to make some, but I find that I'm constantly dragging her down or being her reason for her not taking those opportunitites. Lilly's parents are big investors and I think they have big plans for Lilly as well, but Lilly choses not to do anything now because of me. She's scared to leave me. She feels I'll do something crazy. 

But I understand Lilly and her family. They never want her to be forgotten or to not have a career because she decided to wait on a friend that probably doesn't have any life ahead of her. 

Just then my phone rang. 

Call ID: Dylan. 

"Hello?" I answered

"Hey, what's up?" He replied.

"Nothing, I just woke up." 

"I can tell, I left you a couple messages about your homework." He said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry..I was getting to those right now." He just slightly chuckled.

"It's alright, but I'm at your house. Wanna open up?" 

"Alright, give me a minute." 

I quickly ended the call and untangled myself from my covers. I ran down the stairs and no one was in the living room. I opened the door and Dylan was standing right outside. 

"Hey stranger" He said, happily. I smiled and let him in. 

Dylan and I have been friends for a long time, but I always felt bad because I've always had this tendency to ignore him. Whenever someone asks for my "guy-friend" I immediently think of Evan. Dylan never pops into my head. Evan is like my brother, he's been there since day 1. Dylan was more of a friend I met in school. I always wanted us to be close, but my brain seemed to always forget him.