Chapter 25: But, I love you

"Oh my god." I gasped staring at the sparkling ring.

"Sammy I really think you should think this over! We are so young.." He cut me off before I could finished.

"Yes but I already know I don't want to spend my life with anybody else. You're the one, I feel it." He said.

"I don't know.. I think we should wait." I said.

Sammy looked defeated. "So that's a no?"

"For now." I nodded.

Sammy looked embarrassed because the entire flight was staring back at his proposal.

"Im sorry. I love you, and nothing will change that. But I don't want you to regret this. We still have a lifetime to live and I don't want you to be making another mistake." I said.

"This is not a mistake. I love you and im positive that I don't want to be with anybody else." he said.

"This isn't a no. This is a maybe." I said trying to smile.

"That doesn't make me feel any better." He said.

"I know." I said and for the rest of the flight we didn't say anything to eachother.

When we landed he tried to get us to stay together in a nice hotel or something but I simply turned down the offer and said im going home.

"You said you love me." He said.

"Yes. I know and I do but I need some time." I said.

"Okay." he said and ushered a taxi and I got into my moms car.

"hey honey! How are you?" She asked.

"Im okay." I said.

"Was that Sammy with you?" she asked.

"yeah." I said.

"He came home with you?" She asked.

"Unfortunately." I murmured.

"Why is in unfortunate?" She asked.

"Because he proposed when he shouldn't have and he has a perfectly fine explanation for all this and im still angry with him. I love him but I hate him. I don't know what to do." I confessed.

My mom laughed and said "You are in love. This is love. What did you say when he proposed?"

"No." I said.

"NO?!" She asked as  if I was crazy.

"Well like maybe." I said.

"You need to go tell that boy yes. You too are meant to be. God keeps bringing you too back together and you don't always come along such a love like this." She said.

I nodded. "But I don't know if im ready."

"You're ready." She said.

Ive never seen my mom act this way and actually give supportive advice like this.

"Ill think about it and tell him tomorrow. I want to see my family first." I said.

The next day Sammy asked me out to dinner so I got ready in something fancy and I decided we were going to have a long talk about everything. When he came to pick me up Mom and Mr. Gilinsky were happy to see him. They sent us on our way and then in the car I said.

"There are a couple of things I want to talk about. I think we should lay everything on the table and just be honest." I said.

"I agree." He said.

When we arrived and got seated I said "I have something serious to tell you. And I want you to know that I didn't tell you on purpose. I just didn't think you were coming back or that you still cared about me. So I didn't tell you.." My voice drifted.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I was pregnant." I said.

"Pregnant?" He asked. "With my baby?"

"Yeah." I said.

"And what happened?" He asked.

"I lost, it." I sighed looking down trying to keep the tears from flowing.

"In the accident?" He asked.

"yeah, Im so sorry." I said letting a tear fall.

"No no no Leah. Its okay. Im sorry that you had to go through that without me. Im so sorry. I should have been there. Im never going to leave you again." He said holding my hands across the table.

"I will never do that to you again. Im so sorry that you went through that." He said.

"I love you." I said through my tears. He wiped my tears away and kissed me.

"I love you too, beautiful." He said.

"So if we were to get married. What would happen?" I asked.

"Well we could find a place to settle down and I could record music from here." he said.

"But what about touring?" I asked.

"You can come with me!" He presented this idea before but I wasn't so sure it was the best idea.

"I don't know Sammy. that might not be a good idea." I said.

"Oh cmon it would be fun. And I wouldn't do it that often. I have responsibilities." he said winking.

"I guess it would be fun."

We continued talking about dream houses and places to live. How many kids we wanted and their names. We talked about family and our future together. We talked about everything all the while being honest to eachother. And in that moment I felt what Sammy felt on the plane. I could feel the everlasting love between us. And I was more than ready to start a successful, loving future with Sammy.

"Sammy." I said. "Yes."

"yes what?" He asked.

"yes, I'll marry you."

He almost choked on his food.

_____________________________________

AN: SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER