FOUR

In the morning, I woke up to my alarm clock blasting music at my bedside and immediately felt butterflies in my stomach leftover from last night. I wasn't a bit tired and I'd slept like I was on a cloud.

I jumped out of bed excitedly and stretched. I didn't know if I should be nervous or happy to see Hudson.

I brushed out my wild hair and decided to keep it the half-wavy-half-curly. I then changed into the burgendy shirty, black and white brinted leggings, and the same chunky boot as the day before. I put in the gold post earrings and a long feather necklace.

Although I did my usual natural make up look, I also added a dark pink lipstick that was very close to red. Hopefully, I would be irrasistable to Hudson.

I took my phone off the iHome and then went downstairs for breakfast. My mom already had a plate ready for me filled with bacon, eggs, and toast.

"Hi, honey, the bus will be here soon, so eat up," she said.

I sat at the table. My dad was doing the same as always - reading the paper and sipping his coffee, although today he had a small plate of bacon in front of him that he ate from every so often.

I started eating the eggs. "Um, do you guys want an explanation about last night?" I asked. "I know we were late, but I fell asleep and Hudson took me home, but I swear we weren't drinking. We weren't even with anyone else. And-"

"Honey, we trust you and Hudson. He was very sweet and brought you home and took you to your room. He explained everything when he came back downstairs and he said just about the same things as you, although in a more civilized manor."

"Okay, Mom," I said bit off of a piece of bacon.

"Stephen, bus will be here in five!" she shouted up as he started his quick descent down the stairs.

"I'm right here, Mom," he said. He hurriedly sat down at the table and chowed down on his meal.

"How was partying with Hudson last night?" he said and smirked at me.

"Oh, please. If there was a party, we all know that you would've been there too," I said.

"I'm trying to change my act," he said matter of factly.

I snorted and continued to eat my meal.

A second later, the bus came into the driveway. I grabbed my bag from the back of my chair and hurried outside.

On the bus, I sat across from Collyn again.

"Hey, how did your date go with Hudson last night?" she asked.

"It wasn't a date. We just hung out," I said.

"Whatever, just give me all the deets," she said.

"Well, I biked over to his house. Shit, my bike is at his house! But, anyway, um, his mom let me in and he didn't know I was there and he came in the kitchen and he was shirtless and he just kind of stared at me, but then we went up to his room and we were going to get to know each other, but then we just kind of started kissing and making out.

"But then he took me out to this field and there was a clearing. There was this ancient truck and the bed was covered in blankets and he had a picnic basket. We watched the sunset and the stars and he fed me chocolate-covered strawberries and it was so romantic."

"Eek! I knew you'd be kissing. Didn't I tell you so on the bus?"
"I guess you did, but I didn't believe it. He's just so arrogant half the time and the other half he's really sweet. Everything he does confusing."