Prologue

"Abi?"                                 

 That voice... that familiar heart-warming voice. "Fuck!" I said out loud by accident before being cut off with a warm and welcoming hug from the one and only, Jesse Martins. 

His heartbeat, breathing pattern, and scent... God, nothing has changed. I muttered, "Why isn't Sam here?" 

His face showed his disappointment. My heart clenched, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that. Thank you for driving all the way to here with the busy traffic and all."                                                                                    "I knew that would make you feel bad! You haven't changed at all, you little shit." I looked up to his bright smile and small chuckle. I punched him in the arm playfully, giggling to myself. 

 "He told me to pick you up." HE WHAT?! I turn my face towards the window, staring at the cars driving the opposite direction and pleading them to drive me back to LAX. How dare he do that?!  "Ummm, with your blank stares I'm assuming you're wondering where Sam is. Well, we kind of had a little get together yesterday and he's got a total migraine situation going on. Soooo, here I am! Welcome back Abigail. "                

 His dark facial hair with his bright complexion, killer smile, and dreamy hazel eyes. Only if he knew how I feel. Would he return the feelings? Probably not, I'm just his best friend's sister. Nothing special.

  "So um, how was your trip? Sam didn't mention much about your sudden disappearance. Everything okay?" Jesse asked, trying to break awkwardness in the car. 

"It was... it was mediocre. Nothing really exciting happened." I couldn't help remembering the agonizing white walls, white bed sheets, and the gloomy London weather. "How are you? Any news I need to catch up on?" 

"I've been good." He turned around with his signature ear-to-ear smile, " Actually great, Kellsey said yes to being my girlfriend last month."    

"That's great." I feel my heart breaking into pieces. Kellsey has been his crush since like third grade. She is brunette, 5'2'', and stunning blue eyes. In other words, she is drop dead gorgeous and I will always be nothing but Abi, the little girl who tagged along in everything his brother and best friend did.