Chapter 1

"Emma!" screamed my best friend, Ana. I looked at her with a smile on my face. "Ha! I pass! I got a C on Pre-Calculus!" "Wow! Well, let's go and celebrate with a cappuccino and a trip to the bookstore!" "Perfect!" We left together to a bookstore/café in the east side of Los Angeles. I was happy looking through the shelves in the bookstore. One hand already had three books. When I saw one that called my attention. I took it out and saw the name: "Azrael: Angel of Destruction." The wings and the mystery got me into it. "What is that?" Anna joined me at the bookshelf. "A book." "Yeah, but I never heard of it, most be awful." "Because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean that is bad. It means you're clueless of what might be and scared of it." "Yeah, yeah... Whatever... It's your money and time." She said and left. Then I felt that I was being watch. I turn around and saw some hazel eyes looking directly at me. I blush and left that area almost running.

I purchase four books, including the mysterious one and my cappuccino and left with Ana. We were walking back to our apartment. I was remembering the hazel eyes and the owner of them that I didn't notice that we had stop in front of an old abandoned building. Ana was talking almost in a whisper, then she raised her voice. I started to hear her voice in a peachy, strange tone and what she was saying didn't make sense. I turn to look at her. Her eyes where blinking so fast, she was drooling and shaking. "Ana!!!!" I screamed. Her eyes and body stop. She looked at me and gave me a crazy smile. "Ana is not here anymore." She said with a deep voice and started laughing.

She threw her packages and push me to the inside of the building with a lot of strength. I crash against a wall. My whole body was hurting. I saw that she left burn marks on my shoulders. I started to cry. "You pity little humans. You think you are so brave, but when you get in front of death you show what you really are... Cowards!" When she shouted the whole sky turned grey and lightening's drop to the near grounds. "What... What are you?" She... It gave me an evil smile. "I'm..." It was interrupted by the hazel eyes guy. "You are going to die." He flew towards what it used to be my best friend and threw her to the other side of the building. He came towards me. I could see his perfect arms and his wings. "I'm an Angel. You'll be alright now." "AZRAEL!!!" The voice of the thing inside Ana was worst. The Angel wings got rigid, he turned and from his hand a sword of light was form. He elevate himself when Ana transform herself into an awful creature. Her hair felt, her eyes got bigger, her mouth turn into one like snake shape. Her legs got longer, also her arms turn longer. From her spine grew some strange wings. And the battle began.

The Angel was so agile, that thing didn't knew what strike her. When the creature drop to the ground it hit me. It was dead, and so was Ana. "Ana!!!" I ran towards the body on the ground. Then I was stopped by the man. "She is dead." "Yes, you kill her! Murderer!" I started to hit him. He grab my arms and made me look to his eyes. "She was long gone, when you were at the bookstore, that demon had already kill her." Demon... "I don't believe you..." I felt something got hold of my leg and was burning it. I saw how the Angel took a swing with his sword and cut the tongue of the creature and kill it, finally. But, it was too late. I was infected with something. I was falling to the ground and said the name the creature have called the Angel: "Azrael..." Then I was gone.

I was dreaming. Ana turned into a demon. A hazel eyes man rescue me. He turn out to be an Angel and I got a C in Pre-Calculus. Yeah, that was all a dream. I'm going to wake up at my apartment and everything is going to be normal. I open my eyes, and pulled myself out of the bed. It was dark and I could hear voices. Ana most be watching the T.V. I thought. I walk down the dark hall. The voices grew in intensity. I saw a light in a room and stop. I could hear several voices. They were arguing.

"Azrael, you still think you did well on bringing that human to this place?" one voice said. "She could be our doom. Remember about Carlel, he died after bringing a human here, like you did." Another voice added. "Mikaela, Carlel didn't saw that that human was possess. This one is not. I'm not dumb and Ranzel this human needs our help. They want to kill her, there something about her, something..." he stop talking. In a second he was at the door. He put his eyes on me. "You know, it's not polite to listen to privet conversations." He told me. I look at him. He was real. Or was I dreaming. 

"What happen...? My friend... It was a dream... This is a dream..." The woman look annoyed. "This humans, they always say the same thing. Not darling, it wasn't a dream. We are Angels, your friend died because a demon possess her and you were injured and brought here." She said sitting down at a white coach, which made a contrast with the whole dark place. I started panicking. The hazel eyes took my hand, which actually help me. "What's your name human?" he asked me. "Emma..." I said still digesting the whole information I was given. The other man sat beside the woman. "I'm Ranzel and this is Mikaela. Your savior over there is Azrael." "I think after all of this information I'm going to be needing a beer." They all laugh. "Now she is talking." Said Ranzel. Next thing I know I'm in front of a tavern. "Where are we?" "Going for the best beer in the world." Said Ranzel with a laugh. Azrael took my hand and look at me. I knew he didn't like this, he was so rigid, and he looked like a sculpture. "You stay near me." He said to me. I look at the place. It was really dark color. It actually looks abandoned. I wrap Azrael hand tighter.

We walk inside. The people there talk in a strange language. We walk towards a strange door. Now this was bright. We walk to a white bright room. I look around and saw the other costumers, if you could call them that. They had clothes very similar to my group. I felt out of place. We sat on a table in a corner. We only sat down when we were joined by two men. I could heard them, but couldn't understand it. "Patrick, this is Emma. She doesn't speak Latin." Said Azrael. He look at one of the men. He had dark skin, dark eyes, and he was covered in grease.

"Oh, what do we have here?" he said fixing some googles he was wearing. "Hi..." I said shyly. He stared at me and took my hand and examine it. He was a really strange. "You are human." I nodded. He looked at Azrael in a disapproving way. He took the hand that Patrick was holding and block us. I look at the rigid back of Azrael. I felt an urging to touch him and calm him down. But suddenly everything change. Everyone stared at themselves and everyone got into a fighting position. I thought they were going to fight when I felt the ground shaking and the door to this place was open by strange creatures. Creatures like the one that took over Ana. They were all saying one thing... My name... "Emma, EMMA...!!!"