Chapter. 2

Zara's p.o.v

' Oh god, oh god he is going to kill me. Why did I have to zone out so much today. Why am I so stupid I knew this was going to happen, now when I get home he is going to beat the bloody crap out of me!'

I'm startled when a hand lays upon my shoulder, I gasp and turn around to find Mr. Franchester looking at me with genuine concern in his eyes.

" Zara is everything alright?" I nod a little bit to quickly which causes him to raise his eyebrows in suspicion.

" Zara i think you are ly.." I cut him off before he can say anything else.
" Everything is fine Mr. Franchester I just really, really, really need to get home." I force a tight smile on my face and rush past him.

Before I can even get to the door he grabs my wrist which allows the sleeve of my shirt to ride up my arm, I hurriedly pull it down and look at Mr. Franchester.

I can instantly tell by the look in his eyes that he saw the horribly disgusting scars on my wrist.

" Goodbye Mr. Franchester." I quickly open the door and run out, heading toward the schools exit.

' Worst night ever here I come '

~**~

I have been standing at my door for a while now contemplating on going in.

Finally getting over myself I quietly enter my home, when the door is carefully closed and locked I turn and look for any sign of my dad.

Seeing none I silently creep upstairs to my bedroom door only to be slammed against it in a split second.

" And where did you think you were going you little whore?" I cringe at the stench of alcohol on his breath.

" Please dad I just want to get some sleep." I sob out knowing what his intentions are.

"Sleep! You want some sleep? You stupid cunt, you haven't even cooked my god damn food and you want sleep!?" He roars in my face.

I hear the slap before I feel it, I bring my hand up to cradle my cheek but my dad has other plans.

He roughly pushes me to the floor and throws punch after punch to my ribcage.

The only thing that stops him from damaging my face is because he knows people will question.

He gets up and kicks me in my stomach and walks downstairs to where I assume he passes out on the couch.

I lay there on the floor sobbing for what seems like an hour, gaining strength I crawl to my door and open it.

I close the door and use the knob for leverage, as soon as im on my feet I walk toward my bed and collapse in it. I close my eyes and welcome the darkness. Peace. Emptiness.