Chapter 4

Tori is abruptly awakened by excruciating head pains the next morning. She knew she had taken the drug for granted a bit the night before. Convincing her mom to let her stay home, Tori lays in bed with an enormous headache for at least an hour. She finally stands up to be somewhat occupied with herself. While having her every-morning pee, a rebellious conscious takes over her head. Tori decides, since she has no coke left over, she'll make money today, but just doesn't know how. She procrastinates for about another hour figuring out how to get her hands on some cash. In this hour, she changes her clothes and makes herself look decent enough to carry out with whatever plan she does go with. Tori suddenly remembers that her mom has a wad of cash in her dresser! She speeds to her mom's room and comes to find herself in a sticky situation. She forgot that her mom moves the stash every month, and it's been several months since Tori's seen it. Tori searches the whole room, she might as well have turned it upside down. Tori felt stumped over and far from accomplished. She wanders the house and is bored out of her mind. Going back to her room, she decides to start looking for some money anywhere else. A feeling of desperation come on to her. While rummaging through a desk in her room, she finds a check for fifty dollars! She forgot all about it, but none of that mattered now. Tori was hoping her dealer would accept checks as rare as they are for drug transactions. Without a care in the world, she leaves the front door unlocked and heads down to his house. She sees the alley in the distance and is already a little giddy. Coming up to it, she saw the boy again, but this time she can actually see his face. He is alone and dressed in all black, mysterious looking. Her curiosity drives her to say, "Excuse me, but are you okay?" with a bit of a jumpy voice. He looks up with such confusion on his face, "Um yeah, I'm fine.." Tori rest her shoulders down as if she were relieved. "Okay, just asking because I saw you here last time I came through." Tori kept walking after she discovered he wasn't going to respond to her. She was thinking about him through the whole transaction and couldn't help but wonder what his name was. Her dealer accepted the check, and Tori was on her way to bug the boy again. Entering the alley, she says, "Hey! What's your name?" he looks somewhat bothered. "My name is Chris.. anything else?" Tori still felt bad for him, even after seeing his bad attitude. "Yes, actually. Wanna come over my house? No one but me is there." Chris rapidly walks over to her and quietly says "Okay, but don't tell anyone about this." Tori answered with a shy smirk on her face, and the two are on their way.