6

"Can you imagine, a nine year old me, sitting on a ledge with a green hat, completed with a red feather attached to it on the top?" He asked, looking over at me with a goofy smile.

"I don't know," I replied, pushing a lock of wavy hair back into place. "I think it'd be kind of cute." I giggled, messing around with his hair now. Here we were, sitting down on the grass on a dark, starry night in the middle of September, talking about Shawn, the boy of my dreams, who used to dress up as Peter Pan and wait for him on the ledge of his window every night before he had to sleep. I smiled at him, trying to imagine a little boy, no taller than the window itself, climbing up into the ledge of his window with the help of his little toy box. He struggled at first but, he finally made it, his arms resting on the bottom of the window with his chin resting in his hand with a dreamy look on his face. He smiled up at the stars, staring at the night sky - well at least what he could see of it. The house in front of his window blocked his view of the night sky but his other window had a perfect view - yet it didn't have a ledge to rest on. Peter Pan needed a ledge to climb in on and this one was going to be it; it'd just take him a minute or two extra to find it.

"Must've been adorable. Wish I could've seen it," I smiled, chuckling quietly.

"But, you did." He replied.

"What?"

***

My eyes stung as they blinked open repeatedly. My sight was adjusting to the view of the outside world and my mind was adjusting to the realization of having to deal with reality once again. I sighed, stretching my arms out and yawning.

"Have you noticed that you're always the one who wakes me up?" Shawn asked, chuckling weakly.

"Not my fault you're a horrible sleeper," I chuckled, smiling at his remark. We sat in silence, still trying to wake ourselves up and keep from falling back asleep.

"I really could just go for a movie right now." Shawn blurted out. I turned to him, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"I wish I could just wake up right now, which I just did, and going to my cabinet filled with movies, pick one and watch it. But no-"

"You're unfortunately stuck at Disneyland with me." I finished, staring at the ground, hugging my legs.

"I wouldn't say unfortunately."

"Why not?" I questioned, leaning back against one of the walls in the dining area. "I'm a total pain in the ass who hasn't given you a break since the day we got stuck here."

"Well you are a pain in the ass but I can handle you." He chuckled. I looked straight at him and his smile slowly got smaller. "I was with you for three years, wasn't I?"

"But look where that got us. I'm even worse than before." I mumbled.

"You're not bad, Heart. Being stuck here is actually more fun than being stuck at home with my family, yelling at each other and going crazy being stuck inside the house because of the storm. Who needs a movie when I can be stuck here in Disneyland with you?

"It already feels like a movie to me." He smiled. I smiled back at him before standing up.

"Well, what are we waiting for?"

"Huh?"

"Let's go continue our movie." I held my hand out and he grabbed it but, when I tried to pull him up, I fell right back down on top of him. We awkwardly stared at each other as I hovered over him. He gulped nervously and I tried to let out a small smile but it seemed to be faker than I expected it to be. I laughed awkwardly, staying in my position.