Part 6 - A Warm Welcome

Disclaimer - I do not own RWBY, nor do I own the characters. (Except for my OC, of course.)

Present day...

"Here it is, Drake." Sylvia smiled.
"Beacon." Drake muttered before running to Beacon with Sylvia behind. They both walked inside with smiles on their faces. It was so warm and exciting. As soon as they walked in they noticed that everyone stopped talking and turned to them. It was silent except for a few murmurs before everyone erupted with cheers. Professor Ozpin walked up to the two slowly.
"We all thought you were dead. Where have you two been for a month?" Ozpin asked.
"We were on the streets; on the run. We couldn't even go back to our own homes because we would be found." Drake said, seeming far more dramatic than intended. This was met with 'Ooh's and 'Ah's. Everyone was clearly taken back by the whole thing.
"Why is everyone like this? I'm pretty sure everyone hated me before..." Drake mumbled.
"Ever since you two left, you've become somewhat of a celebrity around here. Everyone talks about you two. You're like legends." Blake explained.
"Really? We were only gone for a month..." Drake said.
"Well, we thought you were dead. Everyone knows about how you beat up Cardin for hurting Velvet. They know about all of the good you've done while you were at the school." Blake said.

Drake turned back and saw a short girl with short brown hair approached them. Her approach was slow and cautious, as if Drake was a bomb about to go off.
"Um... C- Can I ask you s- something?" She asked quietly. She seemed very shy.
"Sure." Drake replied.
"How did you two survive? You were both on the streets alone." She said with a bit more confidence.
"Well, a lot of it was just luck, but Sylvia has saved me on more than one occasion. I was shot and passed out, but Sylvia managed to fend off the attackers and she protected me until I woke up. I owe my life to her, actually." This answer received a series of well earned gasps and cheers. Velvet ran up to Drake and hugged him, crying.
"Are you Okay, Drake? Are you hurt? I'm so glad you're alive!" She said.
"Has Cardin done anything to you while I was gone?" Drake asked.
"He started picking on me again since you left. He's been horrible." Velvet said, still crying.
"Don't worry, Velvet. I'll make him stop bothering you." Drake told her. The crowd cheered again - clearly it didn't take a lot to get them excited.

"Blake, do you know where Weiss is?" Drake asked.
"I think she's in our dorm, but I-" Blake started.
"Thanks, Blake!" Drake ran off to team RWBY's dorm. He stood outside of the door with the white rose in his hand and a smile on his face. He was so excited. He took a deep breath and opened the door. On her bed was Weiss, looking as beautiful as ever. Under her was Neptune, shirtless on the bed. The couple turned to Drake and his smile instantly dropped to a look of sorrow and horror. Hot tears began to form in his eyes and slowly roll down his face. He dropped the rose to the floor and his face began to turn a deep red.
"I... I'm sorry." He said quietly before closing the door.

Many years ago...

Drake awoke in his bed. He felt tired and depleted. He felt a sudden surge of fear upon feeling that Ignis wasn't beside him. He pushed his body up and looked beside himself. On the pillow beside him was a note with noticeable tear marks on the pillow around it. He was scared and shocked to see it and wondered over all of the possibilities. Could she have left in the night? Was it from Dusk? He decided it was nothing to worry about. She wouldn't leave him, would she?

'Drake, I am terribly sorry if you get angry at me for this, but I'm breaking up with you. It's nothing that you did, it's just that I need to be alone right now. I thought that I was ready for a meaningful relationship, but it turns out I'm not. Dusk and I are going to find somewhere else to stay. Please forgive me. Goodbye.' The note said. Drake was completely silent for a moment, before deciding that there's no point in getting up. He simply gave up and fell asleep.