Chapter 1

"Okay, everyone ready to go?" My Dad asked everyone. We all said yes and piled into the car. My Dad is a tattoo artist and always works conventions, sometimes we will bring us with him. This time we were all going to California this time. Plus, my Dad had the bright idea to drive. All the way from Ohio to California. Yay.
So, here I am sitting in the car listening to Trevor Moran and Ricky Dillon. With my "slay" shirt on. Oh yes I did.
Anyways, since we are going to be there for about two weeks we rented a small ranch with my Dad's friend's son. I've never met him, but all I know is that he's 18.
My baby brother is asleep and I'm glad, because when he's not sleeping he's either screaming or making a huge mess.
But, I'm so glad to meet this person. I mean see are the same age. I wonder what his name is.
"Hey Dad, what's the name of that person we're staying with?" I asked my Dad, taking out one of my ear buds.
"Sam." He responded.
Ha, kinda like Sam Pottorff.
Oh and gave I mentioned that I'm what you could call obsessed with O2L. Aka Our2ndLife. Look them up on YouTube, you'll thank me.
I look up at the GPS. Ugh, we're gonna be here a while. About 12 more hours. We should have taken a plane.
Then it hit me, if his name is Sam and he lives in California... well then again, there are more that one Sam's in California. But what if it is Sam Pottorff...? I trailed off into deep thought.

************************************

I read a sign that said "Welcome to California". A smile crept on my face. Finally. Everyone shouted in excitement.
We found the small ranch, and parked the car in the driveway. Everyone got out to stretch, then we all headed inside. I still had my Arizona Tea in my hands from earlier. We walked up to the door and my Dad along with my step mom both knocked. My older brother, Noa was getting my baby brother out of the car. The door creaked opened. Guess who was standing there? Sam Pottorff. I swear, sometimes I think I can predict the future. I dropped my tea, and covered my hands over my mouth. I then stepped back a few steps. I couldn't believe it. By now, everyone else was already inside. There must have been a small step because I stepped back again and fell. Sam came over to me and helped me up.
"Looks like someone's a fan" Sam said, with a wink.
"Let's go in. Some fans might find me, I'll show you around the house." He grabbed my hand, and gave me a tour. The whole time I tried to soak in what happened. I mean, he is holding my hand. How cute.
When he was done showing me around, we went to his room.
"So, what's your name?" Sam asked.
"Uh, Heather". I responded still in shock.
Sam got off the bed, and turned on the TV. He turned on Sponge Bob. No surprise. He then took my hand again, and we danced to the theme song in his bedroom. It was hilarious.
He spun me around and our faces met. He leaves in, but I twirled back. As you can tell, I like to play hard to get. Just then, my Dad walked in. We quickly unjoined our fingers. My hand felt cold. He gave me a look, and me and Sam looked at each other at the same time. Then I looked back at Dad, to see him narrowing his eyes at Sam. Even though I was 17, I don't think my Dad will like me even around any boys until I'm at least 30. He's weird about that, but then again who's Dad isn't. He slowly closed the door and walked out the room. Me and Sam looked back at each other, then laughed. He look my hand once again, and we just had a mini party in his bedroom.