The Soulless and The Dammned

When I woke up that morning, I was just a collage girl; living on tuition money left from my father's banking account. I was nineteen and I wanted to be a fashion designer. I wanted to travel the world and go as far as the eye can see. I was a girl who only had her brother left. My mother left my father, my brother, Carson, and I when I was three and our father died a year ago. Our grandparents never really gave a damn about us and neither did the rest of our family. It was always just Carson, my dad and me, living in down town Manhattan, as free as we could be. Now that he's gone I'm a live in the moment type of gal.

            I attend NYU for the arts. It's a good school and has beautiful architecture. The professors are brilliant and very friendly, that is except this one teacher, her name is, Ms. McCluadin, and lucky for me, she's my professor. She always has a stern look and absolutely no emotion on her face except rage. I'm not sure why, maybe someone broke her heart. After, all she's not an ugly woman, not that I pay attention to things like that. She has chestnut hair and eyes to match. I'm sure she would be a real looker if she would smile some.

            Every morning I get up and go by Starbucks before heading to school. I grab a hot chocolate, then I'm out. I just can't stand coffee. I go through my mornings like I'm a robot. Everything mechanical, not really feeling the warm cup in my hand or the cold air wrapping around me. I walk in to class and sit slumped in my seat, book and notebooks open and ready to go. It was just a typical, normal day for me.

            Then, a guy walked in. He looked about 23, 24 years old and he was handsome, too. He had a deep brown colored hair, that looked auburn in the sunlight coming in through the high windows. He smiled as he caught me and several others looking and I'm pretty sure I even heard someone swoon. He turned to the desk and sat his books down, the class had gone silent.

            When he turned back, a sly, sexy smile crossed his lips, "Well, good morning students. It's nice to see I have captured all of your attention. I will be your professor for the rest of the year and further years to come. You see, Ms. McClaudin, has decided to take a break. Apparently she has found someone who has met her fancy and actually makes her smile. And I know you're going to be asking so I'll go ahead and tell you, she's my aunt."

            There were a few gasps and whispers, which turned into the whole class talking. I kept looking at the professor and he looked back. Man, he was so damn sexy! He had that rugged bad guy look, with a hungry passion in his eyes. That is except when he's looking at the rest of the class, and then it's dimmed down to a kind twinkle. I wonder if I was the only one noticing or if it was just my imagination?

            The class continued on with the whispers and he actually looked flustered with all of them. He said his name was Mr. James Kingston, oh great and my name is Victoria. I bet Stephenie Meyer going to sue us for copyright. Hahaha. Sorry, just kidding. When class was over I lingered back like I always do, sparing time before I had to go to my house and start the whole routine over.

            Once everyone was cleared out I started to leave but Mr. Kingston stopped me. My back stiffened automatically and I looked expectantly over my shoulder at him.

            "Victoria, it is my understanding that, Ms. McClaudin, tutored you after class," Yes, I had to take tutoring. I had pulled away from my studies, like way away. "I was wondering if you'd be willing to continue it with me."

            "Um, sure, of course." I pulled my messenger bag over my neck and set it on the ground.

            He pulled out a chair in front of his desk, and then sat across from it. I hesitantly sat down, not sure how this is going to go. I mean it's kind of hard getting tutored by a sexy looking man. Especially one that has manners to match his secretive smile.