four

Camila and I have got closer over the past weeks of the boot camp help.

It may just be me but I know there's constant flirting. The only reason I know that is because that's the same things I would do to get on my teacher's nerves.

It was 10PM and I got a text while sitting by Mikey on the couch watching TV.

Mila: hey what are you doing tonight?

Y/N: sleeping. why?

Mila: are you in the hotel?

Y/N: I'm still wondering why you want to know, Mila :)

Mila: come outside...

Y/N: what are you doing here? go home.

Mila: come. outside.

Y/N: ugh fine

"I'll be back, Mikey." I smiled as I got up to grab my room key and head down to the elevator. I walked out of the lobby, turning my head left to right to see if there was anyone I recognized.

I kept going until I was out the front and there she was. In a big loose t-­shirt and blue jeans. She was turned away from the door, holding a phone to her ear.

I crept up slowly behind her to wrap my arms around her waist and pick her up to spin her around.

"Ah!" She screamed until I put her down. Once I did, she kissed my cheek then continued talking on the phone, "No, Dad. I'm okay. Y/N just scared me. No, no. I'll be fine. I'll see you in the morning. Okay?" She pressed the button on her phone and quickly put it in her pocket.

"Did you really have to do that?" She smiled.

I nodded in response, not really wanting to stutter this early within seeing her like usual. Her hand grabbed mine and she continued talking, "So, I was thinking.... since you have a hotel with a pool that we could go swimming since the beach at night scares me."

"W­-why?"

"'Cause there's a lot of sketchy people on the beach at night." She laughed. ­­

After changing into my bathing suit, Camila rushed me down to the pool. We both dipped into the warm, lighted water.

Eventually I just swam in one spot and watched as Camila laid out and floated on her back.

I couldn't stop my eyes from looking over every piece of her tan skin. I could see little marks and moles she secretly had been hiding with baggy t­shirts or button ups.
Her slim stomach was beautiful and I could see that she was only in the middle of puberty. There was no telling what she'd look like in a few years of being in this industry. She'd probably turn into an even more beautiful Latina. Which I didn't even understand how that would be possible. But Hollywood works in mysterious ways.

"Stop staring at me, crazy." Camila giggled lightly, staring at the ceiling built above the indoor pool area.

"S­-sorry." I stuttered, turning away to dive underneath the water so I could swim away from my thoughts about her for a moment.

I have seriously considered asking Camila to be my girlfriend many times. We've been flirting and occasionally kissing each other more often now than ever.

I mean, I haven't had a girlfriend since Summer so I wouldn't know what to even do or how to ask her.

What if she's not even into girls like that?
What if she's not even into me like that?

I eventually started having some trouble and had to go up for air. With a short gasp I reached the surface and caught my breath.

"You know we should talk about that, right?" Camila smiled, still as relaxed as before I dove deep into the water.

"Talk about what?" I pushed my wet hair out of my face and looked over as Camila swam out to get close to me.
We propped our arms up on the side of the pool so we could keep ourselves afloat.

"Don't be funny, Y/N." Camila smiled, looking in my eyes.

"I'm not funny." I responded seriously. I honestly didn't know what she was talking about.

"Oh." She said softly, her voice sort of breaking. "Never mind then."

Before she could swim off, I grabbed her hand, "No. Tell me."

"It's really nothing." She laughed awkwardly. This was the first time I've ever made her nervous and I liked it. Usually it was the other way around.

"Yes it is." I slowly caressed my thumb over her hand as I stared at her silently to scan the emotions stuck on her face. "So, are you gonna tell me or keep thinking?"

Mila bit her lip and looked at me, "Do you like me?"

"Of course I do." I smiled out dumbly.

"No." She giggled. "I mean like do you like­-like me?"

"Um" I didn't know how to respond. Mostly because I thought that this had to be a prank. I'm not usually in these types of situations.

"I get it." Camila smiled, trying to pull her hand away from me.

I held on strong, "S-­stop." I muttered out. "I like you. Like-­like you."

"Really?" She asked in amazement, licking her lips nervously. Which I've learned is a habit she does quite often but it's grown on me.

I nodded in response, "Well, how about this." Camila suggested, "If I make it through boot camp, we can try something. If not, we can be friends and move on with our lives. I just want to make sure I'm moving further into this competition before I started to get my hopes up with something else."

"I like the sound of that." I smiled, looking at her eyes but dropping down to her lips. I just wanted to kiss them but I didn't want to be too forward. "C­-Camila."

"Call me Mila, please." She asked nicely.

"Mila, can I kiss you?" I smiled.

She nodded, and I pushed a strand of wet hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek and letting my lips press against hers.