chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was Emma.

"Hello?"

As soon as I answered, she started her speech. I couldn't understand anything because she was talking too fast and too loud.

"Woah Emma. Calm down and say that again... in a tone where I can hear you."

"What the fuck has gotten into your head?" She asked angrily.

"What are you talking about?" At this point, I was so confused.

"Oh you know what! Why in the world would you date Logan. Of all people,Val. Why,Logan? I wont let you!" Oh right... the fence thing. I guess I should've known Emma wouldn't approve of him.

I rolled over on my belly,it was too early for this shit.

"Emma, you two met each other on bad terms. But he's a nice guy actually-"

"Oh for gods sake Valerie Lea Henderson! He is not right for you. I will see to it that this 'joke' will not go on any further. Val. Do I need to spell it out for you? This guy is no good. You'll get hurt, Val. I need to see to it that it doesn't happen!" And with that she hung up.

I got up and got dress for my meet up with Finn. He agreed to pick me up, so when I was all ready I just sat at the front porch.

"Where to?" Finn asked when he picked me up.

"Anywhere" I replied. After a few minutes of arguing about where to go (Finn kept on insisting I had to choose a location. But I had nowhere in mind, so I said I didnt care) we finally settled for the mall.

We bought pretzels and started walking around, talking about how we couldn't wait until summer. Which led to talking about how we would be seniors next year. But that led to a conversation about life after high school. That was a touchy subject, since we knew we would be separated when we had to go off to different colleges,so when we got to that point there was an awkward silent. We walked and walked... until someone yelled out my name. I looked around to see... Emma. Seriously?

"Emmaaaaa....." I said awkwardly.

"Oh good its Finn. I thought it was Logan. Im serious,Val, I really don't like him." She said.

"Well then that makes two of us." Finn commented.

I stood there,my mouth hung open, while the two of them continued to discuss how they hate Logan. I really was offended.

"Seriously? I cant believe you two. What do you percieve him as? You really dont know him!" I finally spoke up. My lungs felt dry and my heart felt heavy.

For Logan. I was standing up for Logan. I was feeling this way for Logan.

I walked away from them, furious. But then I turned back, realising I needed Finn to drive me home.

Finn got the message when he saw me coming back. We walked back to the parking lot and drove home.

"I'm sorry for ruining the day." I said to Finn when we got to my driveway.

"Oh nah come on. "

"Why do you hate Logan?" I asked curiously.

At first Finn seemed shock by the question, but he answered it after a long moment of silence. "Because he stole my girl."

Then he moved in closer to me. And closer. And closer.

My attention was divided between his dazed eyes inching closer, and the car that was heading this way. Just something about that car....