Payson? Or Val?

Janel's POV

The next day, right before I left to go to rehearsal, my phone went off. I said "please, please, please don't be Payson". And you'll never believe who it was, it was Payson. The text read "When do you end practice today?" I told him "I have to stay late again." (Even though I didn't) he texted me back "Really, I feel l like your only telling me this because you want that... Val guy."
He was being dramatic. I said "Babe, I only had  to stay late yesterday and I have to stay later today, that's it and then I'm done with staying later." He said "Well how about tomorrow night then, wanna go to dinner?" I wasn't sure if I wanted to, but I said yes because he was already upset.
After that texting chaos, I headed off to the studio. I walked in and there, I saw a handsome man. It was Val. I said to myself "No, Janel, you have a boyfriend. But Val is so cute. But you can't betray Payson. But that wouldn't be a bad idea. But Payson and I have been together forever. But Val and I WOULD make an amazing couple. But Payson works at Disneyland. But Val goes on tour all, the, time. But Payson is so sweet. But Val is sweeter.
Ugh never mind, I'll stay with Payson. (I was going back and forth like that forever because I couldn't choose, well I could, but I was making sure I was gonna make the right decision).
We got to practicing and on the part where I spin, I almost fell...
But Val caught me. He said "Are you alright?" As he started to smile, I looked at him. "Oh my gosh he's so amazing". I said in my head. We looked into each other's eyes, and it was like a match made in heaven. I said "sh-shall we finish?" He said "y-yeah, let's ki- finish, sorry, I uh, oh my gosh". "It's okay" I said while we were both laughing. He lifted me up and kissed me on the forehead.
After practice, i went home. The next day after practice, I texted Payson and said "Where are you?" He said "just meet me at my house" I didn't know where we were going but I went to his house.
Before I could knock on his door, someone opened it and pulled me in by my hand, like how they do in the movies. The first thing he said to me was "put this on" he handed me this beautiful, maroon dress.
We got to the restaurant and we sat down. As soon as I sat down, my phone went off. He said "who's that, is that Val, tell him you're at dinner, with your BOYFRIEND, he needs to respect you and your time".
I said "Uh first of all it's Bethany, she asked me . And second, if it WAS Val, I wouldn't have answered because I'm out with you. He got all ashamed. After we ate, I went home and said "thank god that date ended".