You're My Boy

Michael smiled as he watched Gavin dance in his chair after winning this week’s Let’s Play. “You motherfucker!” Michael said into his mic, throwing a wink at Gavin. “I was this fucking close to winning you piece of shit!” Gavin smiled as he stood up and walked to Geoff’s desk to collect his prized possession, smiling goofily into the hand-held that Geoff was holding. Michael gazed at Gavin, his eyes sparkling as Ray ruffled the brit’s messy bed hair. His eyes were the most innocent thing Michael had ever laid eyes on, also the most beautiful. Not that he would admit that to anyone. Michael tore his eyes from Gavin and sat down, getting ready to start editing his next video.

Gavin sat back down at his desk, eyes darting next to him where Michael was focused on the video he was editing. Michael made Gavin feel something that no one else had ever made him feel. There was just something about him and his curly reddy-brown hair that made his stomach flip. He even found his profanity adorable in its own way. Shaking his head, Gavin looked at the small tower of pimps that sat on his desk and leaned back in his chair, his goofy smile plastered on his face.

Gavin sat at his desk the following Wednesday, scrolling through the footage he had to edit for one of their Let’s Plays. Next to him, Michael was recording one of his rage quits, quite unsuccessfully. Michael yelled out in frustration, “Jesus fucking Christ! If I hear your stupid fucking laugh one more time I’m going to come straight over there and rip your fucking voice box out!” Recording rage quits always made him angry, his shoulders were practically bouncing from tension. Adding to that, all he could hear was Gavin’s stupid ass laugh every time he fucked up the final level, resulting in him having to go all the way back to the start.

“C’mon, you fucker!” He yelled at the screen as his pathetic little character bit the dust once again. His hand curled into a fist as he hit his desk numerous times, making his keyboard jump. “You know what? Fuck you! Fuck you and your stupid motherfucking piece of shit game. I’m done!” With that, he exited the game and hung his head in his hands, his fingers running through the curls that poked out from under his beanie.

Gavin looked at his best friend, slumped over in defeat. This wasn’t a new position to see Michael in, not at all. Every time he threw himself head first into a game and came out battered and bruised he ended up in this position. Ray caught his eye and motioned to the door. Gavin shook his head and nodded to Michael. Ray shrugged and stood up, mock punched Michaels shoulder and vacated the room, leaving Gavin and Michael alone.

Michael looked at the clean polished wood of his desk, eyes darting to find all the imperfections that his fist had made. He didn’t understand why this game had got to him so much. It was just another stupid flash game Geoff had suggested. He could feel tears prickling behind his eyes. What the fuck was wrong with him? He was acting like a baby.

Michael jumped when Gavin placed his long-fingered, pale hands on his shoulders. “You okay, Mi-cool?” his accent thick in his words. Gavin dug his thumbs into his tense muscles, rotating them in circles. Raising his head, Michael looked up with big, watery eyes. “Michael? What’s wrong?” His hand twitched, wanting nothing more than to jump up and caress his beautiful, saddened face.

“I don’t even know. I’m acting like an idiot.” Michael sniffed, raising a hand to wipe his nose on his sleeve. He looked smaller than Gavin was used to seeing him, without his cocky attitude and relentless swearing. Gavin bent down, kneeling on the ground next to Michael’s chair so they were eye to eye.

“Why has this gotten to you so much, Michael? You usually laugh these kinds of things off. I’m sorry, that I was laughing as well, but you know what the fans are like, they love when we interact.” Gavin was rambling. He always rambled when he was with Michael. His eyes met Michaels, whose tears were threatening to break to the surface. “C’mon Mi-cool, you can tell me, you’re my boy.” In that moment, Gavin wanted nothing more than to cup he older man’s cheek in his hand and press his lips to Michaels.

“Oh Gavvy, I don’t even know…” Michael was struggling to find the words he stared into Gavin’s caring eyes. Everything was getting so hard these days, especially trying to act normal around Gavin, who had no idea of his true feelings.

“Michael, please?” Gavin whispered, raising his hand and letting it fall again before he did something he’d regret. Gavin dropped his gaze and repositioned his legs, suddenly noticing how uncomfortable he was.

“Gavin?” Michael’s voice was small and uncertain. Gavin looked up eagerly, hoping Michael was ready to talk, only to be met with a soft and hesitant pair of lips. Gavin smiled and leaned into the kiss, his hand raising to cup Michael’s cheek.

Reluctantly, Gavin pulled back and leaned his forehead on Michael’s. “Sorry,” Michael started before Gavin interrupted him by placing a small peck on his lips.

“Don’t, you’re my boy, after all.” Gavin said before regaining Michaels lips.