Prologue: The Beginning

It was well into the night but a lone shadow crept silently into the woods. The crescent moon shone on a head of shining blue hair, as blue as the sparkling sea when the sun shines the brightest. It trailed down to the person's waist in a long braid and she passed trees, mindful of her hair being caught in the branches.

Just a step from reaching the clearing, she paused to take a decisive breath. And then she took the final step. She was immediaely engulfed in warm arms, arms she shamelessly snuggled into, not just for the warmth but for the security it let her feel.

There are those in power who make the rules and decide the boundaries. One could let oneself wallow within those boundaries. Or they could take the chance to breach them and find real happiness.

"Are you sure about this, Heaven? Will you still marry me even at the risk of being shun by the families?" The man murmured, deeply concerned for the wellbeing of his love.

Heaven looked up into eyes as dark as this man's name. "I am sure, Obsidian. I love you. And I refuse to let our child grow up a bastard when he is clearly born from our love for each other. Families and their bloodlines be damned," she ended vehemently.

"I wish I could give you the wedding ceremony you deserve. Not this elopement."

The woman shook her head and smiled the smile that made the man fall in love with her in the first place. "Anything we do together is special. Never doubt it."

They parted and the man took her hands in his to kiss them. "I am honoured to call you my wife, Lady Heaven Nightshade."

"And I you as my lord husband, Lord Obsidian Nightshade."

"Such a dishonored house, that."

She clasped his face and made him look into her eyes. "Your House is more honorable than all the Families' combined, believe me. Now take me to our home."

And that is how this story began.