Chapter 11: The Prophecy of Shades

Excerpt from the Nightshade Journals Series 1: Shadow Nightshade's Journal

Greetings to my future generations. I am Shadow Nightshade, Seer of the Nightshade Clan. I write this with all of you in mind, my descendants. I foresaw that the future of this country would need this knowledge, and so I have devised a means to do so.

There will be many hardships before there is peace. I foresaw that this country will have a kingdom, the Kingdom of Shades. And I foresaw the Colour Clans who are tasked to protect it. I suppose, you, my kin, and my fellow Colour Clans will no longer be called so. But our bloodlines live on, and my heart is glad.

There are many things that I must record of my history for you to learn and pass on. And forthwith, this tradition shall continue only within our family. These journals will be our own legacy, our burden to bear, our blessing and our curse. It is as Lapis Lazuli arranged.

You will come to understand it, and many more soon. But for now I must start with this prophecy. This prophecy, I know not when and in what generation will awaken. Whomever you are, my brave descendant, always know that you are not alone. The Colour Clan will come together to your aid, as they will come together soon, in my time. But I digress.